Ch. 4: Police Station

Jen's POV
   "Welp, I guess we're here." I say to Jade.

  She busts out in tears. "Please don't make me go back! Please! I can't take him! He's evil! Please!"

  "Who? Who's evil!?! Don't worry, I won't let anyone hurt you!" I rush my words because of worry.

  "My father...Jason. He he abused me..so I ran away," Jade says beore she starts crying again

  "Well, let's head in. I won't let anyone hurt you. Okay?" I say, patting her back to reassure her. And with that we head out into the station. I put on some sunglasses and a hat until we get inside so the paparazzi won't recognize me.

  "Jade, do you wanna sit down while I talk with the officers?" She nods her head, and then makes her way to the seats. "Hello. I'm Jennifer Lawrence. I found a little girl... A runaway.. But she was abused by her father, and she doesn't need to go back!"

   "Ma'am, I need her name. She'll have to go back..."

   "No, she won't. I promised her. Her name is Jade. Jade Rosalin Herein. But I.." I say.

   "Ma'am, I'm sorry to say this, but her father died six nights ago in a drunk driving accident."

   I gasp. "Where will she go?" I ask.

   "Foster care." she says flatly.

  Tears form in my eyes. "No need. I want to adopt her."

   "Ma'am, I can't-" I slide her $500 dollars.

   "She's all yours. By the way," the lady looks at Jade, "She looks like you strangely enough."

   "C'mon Jade. Time to go." I say while I put my hat and glasses back on.

   We walk out the door and hop in the car.

   "Where are you taking me?" Jade asks.

   "Home."

   She gives me a strange look but slowly nods.