Ch. 3: The journey part 2

I walk for what feels like eternity.  I eventually take a seat on the side of the beach. The sun is shining, and I'm eating my last piece of bread. Something is blocking the sun though, which I'm grateful for.  I look up to see what it is, and tears threaten to show. The sign reads, "Welcome to Cali."

   The man from earlier is back and he comes up to me and grabs my arm, causing me to jerk backwards. He says nothing. Thank God a car slows to see what's happening.

   The man lies and says he's my father, but I think the lady with the pixie cut knows better. She says she's calling the police. The man takes off and leaves me alone once again.  The woman asks me to get in her car. I refuse, but when I do she says it's safer with her because weirdos will try to kidnap me if I'm alone. 

    "Hi, my name's Jennifer Lawrence. I can take you home, if you want. Where do you live?"

     I sigh and say, "No where really."

   She just looks at me in disbelief.  "Well, I have no choice. I have to go to the police station."

   She sees tears forming in my eyes and she pats my back and rubs my shoulder. I just look down as she stares at my with sympathy and care in her eyes.

       Jennifer's POV

   There's no way. There's no possible way. It can't be. It cannot be. Is this Jade? It can't be. Is this Jade Rosalin? I guess I have to ask.

   "So... What's your name?" I ask, my mind racing with thoughts making my brain hurt.

   "It's Jade. Jade Rosalin Herein. "

   I gasp in disbelief. She gives me a strange look, but I just drive faster to the police station. This had to be her!