Ch.2: The Journey

I take off running into the woods. I hear foot steps coming behind me, so I keep running. Then, suddenly the footsteps disappear. I keep running for about ten minutes and then stop. I take out a piece of bread from the loaf I took and scarf it down. I then bury myself in leaves and curl up against the tree and try to sleep. It doesn't come quickly, but when it does, I'm thankful. 

I wake up around midnight, and decide to continue on my journey. I walk for about another 12 miles before I fall to my knees. My feet ache, and my head is pounding. I decide to go to a thrift store and buy a blanket because it is a little chilly out. The blanket rings up around $1.29. I pay the man and then walk on the side walk.

 People give me strange looks, but I don't care. They don't know what I've been through. It's been tough ever since I was born. My mom died giving birth to me, so I know I'm a mistake. 

     I see a man giving me a condescending look. I start to run as fast as my feet take me. I'm fatigued though and get tired too quickly. I try to catch my heaving breath when the man pins me against the wall. I scream, but he covers my mouth. Eventually, I faint.

    I wake up to see I'm still in the alley, but the man isn't. I look around and see a boy. Maybe around fifteen years old. He is sitting on top of a closed dump. "Are you alright?" He asks. I nod. "Good. I threatened to call the cops on that dude." He responds. "Thank you." I say. "Where are you headed to?" He giggles. My eyes go wide, "How did you-" I say before he cuts me off. "I know that look anywhere. We all share it. A look of a hurt and a non trusting soul." He sighs. "Cali." I say before I'm up and on my feet again.