"It's not actually all that fancy, it's just a custom in our family. Or at least where we're from, huh Sage?"  My sister explained.

       "Y-yeah, It's just as common as a handshake for us, although it was quite interesting watching y'all bro hug." I admit, letting out a small laugh as I blush not liking the attention on me. I cheek kissed them all before sitting at the end next to Santiago.

       Sitting down, I get a strong whiff of cologne that forms butterflies in my stomach. I rub my sweaty palms on my jeans as I tune out of whatever conversation the group was having. It helped that I had my headphones on.

       I look down at my lap, playing with my fingers as my eye travel upwards, studying Santiago. He was wearing white shoes, black jeans, a white hoodie and a blue jean jacket. He was really cute. I moved slightly closer, loving the smell radiating off him. Letting my eye travel a bit farther, I look up and see him staring at me already, out of the corner of his eyes. I looked away quickly and hear him chuckle.

       "Aye, are you laughing at me?" I hear Harry say over my music. Turning it down, I listen into their conversation.

      "Not even, pendejo." Santiago leaned back and threw his arm over my head so it was resting on the booth behind me.

       "Mhm, sure you weren't."

       "I really wasn't, ni te creas. Like I would pay attention to you dumbass."

       "It might sounds like he's in a bad mood but he's always like this. Santiago is just a cranky old man." Jenna said mainly to Noe and I. I let out a small laugh as she sent Santiago a wink making him roll his eyes.

        "That's true. He's gonna grow up to be the old man yelling at kids when they're having fun." Laughed Alfie.

       "That is if he doesn't die from overworking himself." Theo included.

        "Okay okay, cero que ya? I think they get it." Santiago set his drink down and ran his hand through his hair.

       "Fine, you party pooper. So Sage, what electives are you thinking of taking?" Jenna helped Santiago and changed the subject. Although I would've much rather it stayed on him then me.

       "Umm.. I'm not quite sure. Although I heard from Alfie that there's a dance class. So Noe and I were gonna check that out together." I looked over to Noe, hoping she'd take over.

       "Oh yeah! Both my brother and I use to be on the dance team back in Brighton & Hove. I'd say I'm pretty average but my brother is way more flexible then me and way better dancer." She said directing the conversation back to me. Well she wasn't wrong, unlike my sister I would always stretch and practice since we were little, so I was able to do things my sister couldn't.

       "Oh wow! Really? That's hella cool, so you can do all your splits and shit like that?" Jenna asked. I blushed as everyone looked at me. "Y-yeah, It's pretty easy."

       "Show them how high you can raise your leg S!" I shoot Noe a 'what the fuck' look and she laughs. She knows I hate attention yet here she is making me show off.

        "Yeah show us!" Both Theo and Alfie shout.

       "You know? What if we order instead?" Santiago interrupted,  waving down a waitress. Everyone groaned while they stuffed their faces in the menus, quickly deciding what they wanted to get. He picked up his menu and shifted closer to me.

         "De nada." He whispered, sending me a wink that caused the butterflies from earlier to grow.

________________

Unedited
Word count: 1306

HELLLOO MY BEAUTY BEES!! 🐝
Pardon my horrible writing, would you believe me if I said I'm rusty?🥺😂 anyways I hope yall liked the chapter, I sure had a lot of fun writing it during my break at work. Hehehehehe.

Make sure you vote and comment!! I love reading them and Ill try to get back to any questions yall have about the book! I love yall super mucho!

Make sure to protect yourselves if you guys are out protesting please! Make sure to wear masks and be safe. If you can't go out to feel pressured! You can always sign petitions and/or donate!!
#blacklivesmatter✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿