30-Breakthrough

Raiya's POV:

I opened my eyes to see myself in the field that I haven't seen for months, my feet threatening to cross a river I've never seen before. The brown bridge I stood on creaked under my steps, my mind blanks as I continued to move. I looked down at my bare left hand, feeling like something was missing. Suddenly, Yui appeared in front of me, a look of panic on her face but for some reason, my mind couldn't register her.

"Raiya! You cannot cross now! It's not your time!"

"Who...are you?"

Yui came onto the bridge, grabbing my shoulders and shaking me.

"Please don't do this!"

I continued moving against her hold, my eyes weary.

"I'm so tired..." I drawled out.

Seeing that I had no intention of stopping, she rooted herself into place, wrapping her arms around me as she cried.

"Raiya, I'm begging you! Don't leave Subaru behind. I did that once and I regret it to this day, even when I'm living in such a place where worry and regret are not supposed to exist. You have to go back. Don't make him return to his old ways!"

"Subaru?"

Suddenly, all the memories of a certain albino resurfaced. The time our eyes met in the school garden to the last time our eyes met in the Tsukinami's throne room. I gasped as I held my head, all the overwhelming memories causing me to flinch in pain. His ring reappeared on my left finger, the light weight of it easing my heart.

"Yui," I whispered, looking up tiredly.

"Raiya!" she cried out.

I chuckled, stroking her hair as her tears stained my shirt. She pulled away, her pink eyes still shining with tears.

"I'm sorry."

She shook her head.

"Don't be sorry! All that matters is that you go back."

Suddenly, the wind picked up, causing us both to push our hair out of our faces. Cordelia appeared behind us, her face furious.

"Time and time again, I keep getting interrupted. All I want to do is show my love for Karlheinz but you little brats and my sons seem to love getting in my way."

With each step she took, the grass turned black. I pushed Yui behind me, glaring at the female nearing us.

"Yui, go back."

"But!"

"Yui. I said go back. Thank you for everything you've done for me and Subaru. I won't forget you and your kindness. You don't have to worry anymore. Rest easy, Yui."

With a gasp, her eyes watered up once again, a soft smile decorating her face as her legs began to fade.

"Thank you, Raiya. I'll always be watching over you two."

With those words, she closed her eyes and disappeared completely, the smell of flowers in the wake. Turning back, I faced Cordelia with an emotionless expression. She was still having a mental breakdown, gripping her purple hair tightly.

"Why won't he love me?! Why do I have to go through all this while he gets to live, it's not fair! It's his fault that I'm like this. All he ever did was ignore me when I needed him most and the only comfort I could find was in other men."