8-Recreation

Raiya's POV:

I stared at the chalkboard, bored out of my mind. Yukiko sat next to me and Subaru in front. I haven't attended this class in a while so imagine my surprise when I found Subaru sitting near the back, the normal gloomy aura around him.

"You're staring you know?" Yukiko whispered in my ear.

I blinked, noticing my gaze had unknowingly gone to the back of the albino's head. I shook my head and stared out the window, noticing how grey the sky was.

"Looks like its gonna rain," I muttered.

Yukiko followed my gaze and nodded, a frown on her face.

"I had plans today, too."

The bell rang and I gathered my things slowly before someone interrupted me.

"I need to head home since my mom is being moody again but I'll see you tomorrow okay?" Yukiko said.

I nodded, giving her a wave as she dashed out the door, leaving me alone with Subaru, the rest of the students gone.

"You wanna go somewhere?" I hummed.

"Tch, why would I want to go anywhere with you?"

"Woah, don't get your panties in a twist. You could have just said no."

I walked out of the door, leaving him behind only for him to suddenly appear next to me, a frown on his face. I chuckled and he followed me silently, soon reaching a park. I placed my bag on the bench and walked to the swing, sitting on one of them and using my feet to push myself. The sun was setting and the whole park basked in hints of orange light, grey clouds still present. Subaru stood on the side, arms crossed as he watched me with an unamused expression. I felt my expression lighten and I giggled, motioning for the male to come closer.

"Push me, Subaru!"

"Are you fucking crazy?"

"Nope! Now hurry up."

He growled but surprisingly did what I asked him to, pushing me lightly. The wind whipped my hair in my face but I didn't have a care in the world right now, feeling the freest I had felt in a while. I took the opportunity to jump and I briefly heard Subaru's shouts before I landed safely on my feet, even from the height of it.

"Ok, so you're fucking crazy."

"No, I'm not. Haven't you ever done this Subaru?"

"I don't need to. I'm not some stupid human."

I sighed at his words, shaking my head.

"Don't be like that Subaru."

I sat on the bench and breathed in the scent of the nature around me, my mind clear. I leaned my head back and felt something cold touch my cheek. Soon, more of those cold drops joined the other before it was full-on raining. I didn't move, only closed my eyes and enjoyed the feel of the cold atmosphere.

"Are you not going to move?"

I opened one eye and noticed that Subaru was now soaked, his red shirt and black jacket fitting against his body well. I had to tear my eye away from his muscles and shook my head.

"I like it in the rain."

"You're going to catch a cold."

"I should be saying the same to you."

"I'm a fucking vampire. There's no way I'm getting sick."

"Well, if you feel like complaining, you can go home yourself. I'm not a damsel in distress who needs some sort of knight in shining armor."