26-Antidote

Raiya's POV:

Dream

I opened my eyes to find myself in a strange setting, one that didn't seem familiar. A man with long green hair was holding me close to his chest while he had just stabbed Ayato in the shoulder. There was blood, too much blood.

'What the fuck?' I thought.

I tried to move my body but nothing was working so I was forced to sit back and watch what happens next. My eyes widened as I pushed the male that was holding me away and scooped a familiar knife off the floor. I ran down the stairs and noticed the rest of the brothers there, watching me with their brightly colored eyes but one caught my eye. Subaru. He was staring at me with worry written all over his face and he was shouting something but I couldn't hear it. Instead, I stared down at Subaru's knife and looked at my reflection. The me right now was Yui, her pink eyes holding an emotion I know all too well, fear. I could feel all the emotions running through her right now and became slightly overwhelmed by the severity of it. My distracted self didn't notice my arms holding the knife a few inches away from my heart, ready to thrust.

"Now, nobody will get hurt," Yui said.

With those words, in slow motion, that knife embedded itself in my chest, the pain very real as tears pricked my eyes. I lost consciousness but the last thing I heard was Subaru's shout.

"YUI!"

End of Dream

I gasped audibly, sitting up and bumped my forehead hard against Subaru's as a wet towel fell into my lap.

"Oww," I whined, holding the spot.

"You're finally awake. Thank God."

Subaru looked tired, blinking slowly as he eyed me up and down.

"Susu. What time is it?"

The sun was shining brightly through the window, a numb throbbing happening where my heart was.

"About noon. You knocked out after I took you away."

"Oh, sorry."

The cold metal around my ring finger reminded me of what happened last night and I smiled softly, twisting it as the red rubies shined brightly back at me. Subaru grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it, humming softly.

"Don't apologize, you didn't do anything wrong."

"Susu. I saw another weird dream again."

He paused before closing his eyes.

"What was it?"

"It was like the other one where Yui stabbed herself only this time, it was inside somewhere and there was a green-haired dude."

He nodded and I noticed the grip on my hand tightening just a fraction.

"That's our uncle Richter."

"Wait, so you're telling me that Yui stabbed herself twice? Is this girl crazy??"

"I guess you could use that word to describe her." he chuckled dryly.

"Why am I getting these kinds of dreams again, Susu?"

He sighed, laying next to me on the bed, tangling our legs together.

"The woman you saw yesterday was the triplets' mother, Cordelia. She once possessed Yui so that she could kill our father, Karlheinz. In your dream, our uncle triggered the awakening and was almost successful in getting rid of Yui permanently but she was stronger than that. She was also dumb thinking that stabbing herself would save us but she was panicking and it was a spur of the moment kind of thing. Yui almost died but Reiji saved her, pushing Cordelia out for good but if you can see her, that means I have to ask Reiji for another of those weird potions."

"P-potion? I don't want to get poisoned!"

"I hate to admit it but he's the only hope you have. We leave tomorrow so the sooner, the better."

"But Subaruuuuuuu. I don't want to ask him."

"I just need you to come with me. I'll do all the talking."

I hesitated before nodding, letting him lead me out the door. We headed for the guest room that Reiji was staying in, knocking on the door softly.

"Come in." a muffled reply came.

We walked in and I hid behind Subaru, holding onto the edge of his black shirt.

"I need the potion you gave Yui."

"Potion?"

"Yeah, the one that revived her."

"Hmph, and why should I give you that?"

Subaru growled, already fed up with his brother's attitude. I just grabbed his hand, shaking my head. Reiji eyed the ring on my finger but I ignored it, walking up to him.

"Look, I don't want to waste your time here. It would be nice if I could not get possessed by this Cordelia chick and live a peaceful life."

He suddenly grinned, pushing up his glasses.

"I'll give it to you if you beg on your knees."

"Bastard!" Subaru snarled out.

I sighed, rolling my eyes as I got onto my knees.

"Please give me the fucking antidote, idiot."

"How amusing this is. Humans should always be doing this when they see us, bowing down-"

"Yeah, yeah, let's hurry it up."

"As satisfying as that was, I cannot make that antidote unless I have a part of her."

"Okay, so basically, you made me do that all for nothing."

I stood up quickly, kicking him where the sun doesn't shine. His red eyes widened as he fell onto one knee, holding his junk.

"This is how vampires should be, bowing down to someone whos superior to them. Try and harass me again and you won't be going home in one piece tomorrow."

He growled but I ignored him, walking out the door and dragged Subaru with me. He gave me a high-five, feeling somewhat satisfied with the response. Suddenly, the triplets appeared in front of my bedroom door, looking somewhat grim.

"So you can see her," Laito said, fedora shadowing over his face.

"Mmhm. As much as I would love to talk about your crazy mother, I have better things to do that don't concern any of you."

"Heh, if she's coming back, that means your blood must taste extra good right now. Let Oresama taste-"

His hand reached out but couldn't get close as Subaru grabbed his wrist, squeezing it tightly until I heard a crack.

"OW, WHAT THE FUCK SUBARU?"

He let go, not giving a care in the world. I grinned while Kanato and Laito looked a bit angrier than usual. I opened the door to my room and shut it in their faces. After that, I and Subaru spent the rest of the day cuddling before the dreaded day came, the day that he was forced to leave.