15-Affection

Raiya's POV:

-Dream-

I felt a floating sensation before I felt the warm grass underneath my bare feet. Opening my eyes, the familiar field setting was revealed and Yui stood a few feet away from me, holding a white rose with a small smile on her face.

"Yui!"

I ran up to her and grasped her shoulders, shaking them slightly.

"You were right about their father coming!"

She nodded, an empathetic look in her sherbert eyes.

"It will only get harder from here, Raiya. You need to mentally prepare yourself for what is to come."

"What are you talking about? I already told that old man that I wouldn't listen to him."

"Karlheinz will not be your only problem. There will be someone from your past that will be appearing in your life again. Even if that person is a human, he can still cause a small disturbance in your lives. Their father has made a ban where the brothers cannot kill anyone."

"He? Who is he?"

"I cannot reveal any more than this."

Her hand touched my chest, right where my heart was.

"Even if you want to oppose Karl's plan, I'm afraid you've already fallen for the trap."

"Trap? What trap?"

"You can't tell, can you? His plan merely triggers when Eve falls for Adam."

My eyes widened at her words, my heart feeling dread.

"W-what are you talking about?"

"You. You've fallen for-"

I inhaled a quick breath, shaking my head quickly.

"I'm not. There's no fucking way." I said, already knowing who she was talking about.

She smiled knowingly, patting my head like a child.

"It's okay to feel, Raiya."

"Maybe if I was living a normal life but I can't have that bastard controlling my life!"

She unknowingly pulled me into a hug.

"You're strong, Raiya. Much more than I was. I don't even see you as having my heart, if anything, you're more like that friend I never had. You have the right to love just like every other person in this world."

"B-but,"

She pulled away, putting a finger on my mouth.

"Don't say any more. I can tell you're conflicted because of how we used to be a thing. It doesn't matter, Raiya. Heck, I'm dead."

Suddenly, a strong wind passed us and Yui looked up. Her smile turned into a small frown.

"It seems it's time."

"What are you talking about?"

I looked down and the lower part of her body was becoming feathers, blowing with the wind. I gasped, looking up.

"What's happening?"

"It's time for you to wake up."

"But why are you disappearing? This never happened before!"