21-Pasts

Raiya's POV:

I sat in the booth, happily eating my cookie dough ice cream as if I hadn't eaten in days. Subaru ate his vanilla ice cream across from me and all I could think about was how much it matched him.

"So?" Subaru asked impatiently.

"Calm your tits, Su. Let's see, where to start. I met Kento when I was a mere freshman, someone who had no friends and had just moved from America. I had most of my classes with him and he was the only friendly person, excluding Yukiko, plus, his seat was always next to mine. Being the naive little girl I was, I actually fell for his nice boy attitude." I chuckled dryly. "Yukiko always thought there was something a bit off about him but I ignored her words at the time, blinded by my feelings. I didn't tell him till a few weeks after my discovery, feeling it was the right time. We were both alone in the classroom and doing our assignment, which was analyzing a stupid love poem. It felt like a call from God and I confessed, words coming out of my mouth like diarrhea."

Subaru scrunched up his nose at the comparison but didn't say anything.

"Imagine the joy I felt when he said he returned the feelings. We immediately became a thing and the high from his confession lasted a few weeks, making me ignore the subtle signs of his possessiveness. He would glare at other boys who so much as made eye contact with me, claiming that he'll 'beat them to a pulp'. I thought at the time that he was just very protective of me so I simply moved on with life. Just like he said earlier, we did end up doing the deed but that was one fucking time. Yukiko ended up pulling me aside one day, demanding that I broke up with him."

-Flashback-

"Rai, I want you to separate from him! Can't you see he's fucking crazy?"

"What are you talking about, Yu? I'm the happiest I could ever be!" I said, giving her a big smile.

Her frown deepened at my words.

"He literally threatens any boy within five feet of you. Don't you think that's a bit strange?"

"He just loves me a lot and wants to protect me."

"There's nothing to protect you from! No one poses a threat in this tiny fucking school and I think you're in denial."

"Yu, I may be your friend but I won't have you talking bad about Kento." a frown appeared on my face, replacing my happy smile.

"Are you seriously going to choose him over me?" she screeched.

I was about to answer but I was cut off by a male voice that sounded strangely like Kento. My eyes widened as I ran towards the noise to see a small crowd gathered around Kento beating up some dude from my math class. I think his name was Taku. I felt a shiver run down my spine as I stared at the crazy smile on Kento's face.

"W-what are you doing, Kento?"

His gaze slowly turned towards me and he dropped the male, causing him to cough aggressively. I ran to Taku, helping him stand up.

"Someone take him to the nurse's office!"

One of the guys in the crowd nodded, taking him away.

"Why are you helping him?" Kento seethed.

"Why were you beating him up in the first place?! You can get into trouble!"

"I don't care, Rai. Everything I do is for you."

And for the first time since coming to this school, reality hit me hard. I backed away slowly, looking up at him in fear.

"You're crazy."

He inched closer but Yukiko stepped in his path, glaring coldly.

"Leave before I call the principal."

"But-"

"I. Said. Leave," she emphasized every word.

Kento clicked his tongue, looking over her shoulder.

"Let's decide if Rai wants me to leave."

They both looked at me, Kento looking hopeful but I had already decided.

"Leave, Kento. We're over."

The pure shock was written all over his face at my words, the thought of me breaking up with him must have shaken him to the core.

"You heard her," Yukiko said, grinning.

He growled, looking at me.

"This isn't over."

He walked away, the crowd dispersing for him in fear.

-End of Flashback-

"After that, there were threat notes left in Yukiko's locker and since he knew where I lived, every time I came home, I would see him waiting on my front steps. He would always be following me, watching my every movement. It became too much so I ended up getting a restraining order and he left this town, I was hoping for good. But he's back now and to top that, he's a vampire. How fucked up is my life?" I finished, slightly out of breath.

The cone in Subaru's hand broke and his half-eaten ice cream landed on the table. His lips were pulled up into a scowl and he looked just about ready to murder a bitch.

"I'll kill him," he said lowly.

I sighed, wiping the mess with the napkins before grabbing his hand.

"I'll wait excitedly for that time to come, Su. Make sure not to leave a mess." I joked with a wink.

He chuckled, easing up at my joke. He kissed the back of my hand and I smiled softly, kissing his forehead as I leaned across the table.

"If he hurts you, I won't ever be able to forgive myself."

"He won't hurt me because you're with me. I already feel extremely protected just having you next to me so I know that if he attacks, you can use that knife of yours and end his life."

He nodded but still looked doubtful. I finished the last of the ice cream in my hand before standing up, stretching my back.

"Well, enough of the serious talk. I highly doubt that he'll come for us today. I'm tired of all the drama that entered my life so I wanna take a nap. Wanna join?"

He stood up, dusting the waffle cone crumbs off him. His hand settled on my waist as he kissed me softly, giving me his answer.