17-Return

Raiya's POV:

I opened my eyes to see Subaru fast asleep next to me in the same position as last night. The clock ticked 8 AM and I mentally groaned. Subaru's hair was unrulier than usual and I combed my fingers through it, humming as I scooted closer to him. He opened his eyes, looking a bit disoriented before he realized where he was.

"What time is it?" he groaned.

"You can still sleep, it's an ungodly hour."

He nodded, closing his eyes and burying his face in my hair. I tangled my feet with his once more and closed my eyes, ready to fall asleep once again but the door behind me slammed open.

"Leave us alone, Laito."

There was no answer and I turned around, my mom looking at us with a shocked face.

"MOM?!" I screeched, sitting straight up.

Subaru sat up as well, looking around tiredly but alertly. He made eye contact with my mom and paled more than he already was.

"Fuck."

"W-what's going on here?" she asked.

"Mom, don't panic. We were just sleeping together, none of the stuff going through your mind right now."

Her tense shoulders instantly relaxed but not completely.

"That's good but if your father finds out-"

"If I find out what?"

My dad walked in and his eyes set on us, anger instantly taking over him

"What do you think you're doing to my daughter?!"

He walked towards Subaru but I stopped him, giving him a small glare.

"Dad, let's take this to the living room."

"Fine, but he's coming too."

I nodded and stood up, looking back at Subaru with an apologetic look. He stood up and I held his hand, rubbing my thumb across the back of it as we went downstairs. I sat on the couch as Subaru sat next to me, both of us a bit rigid. My mother and father sat across from us. I see the triplets walk down the stairs, eyeing the scene. They lingered, probably to hear the tea.

"So? What were you doing in my daughter's bed?"

"I-I can e-expl-" Subaru stuttered, turning red.

I heard the triplets burst out into laughter.

"Leave him alone dad, you're so dramatic sometimes. We were just sleeping together."

"And why did you feel the need to sleep with him?"

I turned the same shade as Subaru, fumbling over the words to say.

"I'm her boyfriend!"

I gave him a grateful look and he nodded.

"Boyfriend? When did this happen?!"

"Uhh, yesterday," I muttered.

"Yesterday?! Raiya, you've only known him for a short amount of time and to add to that, you only have a short amount of time left with him. I didn't agree to watch them so you could get a new boyfriend, I think you're acting selfishly!"

I felt something inside me snap.

"If anyone is selfish, it's you, dad. You leave me alone for almost a month so you could what? Relax? You aren't watching anybody, everything was pushed onto me! If you wanted that raise, you wouldn't have done what you did!"

My father seemed dumbfounded that I had talked back. He stood up, walking out, a loud slam from the door echoing throughout the house. I shook and Subaru's arm wrapped around my shoulder, rubbing it to help me calm down. My mom kneeled in front of me, grabbing my hand.

"Although part of what your father said was true, I agree with the part of him overreacting. You guys only have a short amount of time left together and I want you guys to spend it wisely. Please don't do anything you'll regret."

"Thank you, mom. I won't. I have something to tell you though. Kento is back."

I heard her inhale sharply before she nodded, standing up.

"If that bastard ever lays a finger on you, tell me. He was already a nuisance from before. Next will be a prison for him if he does something."

"Of course. I'm gonna head back to my room, mom."

"Okay."

I stood up and I felt something rub against my leg. Seb stood there, meowing. I grabbed him along with Subaru and dragged them to my room. I let go of the cat and he went to my bed, getting comfortable on my pillow. I nearly fell to the floor if it wasn't for Subaru holding my arm up.

"Oi, are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, sorry." I sniffled.

Tears fell down my face and I heard a small sigh before I was pulled into a hug. I held onto his shoulders like my life depended on it and he stroked my hair.

"Why does my dad have to be such an asshole?" I whispered.

"I know he cares for you, Raiya."

"I know that too but he's been too much these past few weeks. I just want to be happy with you."

I suddenly heard a cough but I didn't move, snuggling deeper into Subaru's chest.

"Subaru, I've heard from the triplets that you and she have become a....thing," Reiji said.

"How dare you take her away from Oresama?"

I heard Subaru growl from deep within his chest.

"She doesn't belong to you and stop calling yourself Oresama, it's annoying."

I let out a small giggle.

"Well, that is beside the point. Surely, you know the plan is set in motion now."

We both stiffened.

"Father will definitely make your life a living hell. Are you okay with that, woman?" Shu asked.

I pulled away from Subaru, wiping my wet face with my sleeve. I put a brave face on and nodded, facing all the brothers.

"I'm ready to face anything if I have Subaru by my side."

"Are you sure, Raiya? I'm not sure if you know but my cravings for your blood will become much worse as our feelings grow."

I nodded, holding his hand and squeezing it gently.

"Don't worry, Subaru! I'm stronger than you think."

The hard look on his face melted and he pulled me into a deep kiss. I squealed, trying to push away because of his brothers but he didn't let me get away, pulling me closer. I eventually gave in and closed my eyes, hearing a gagging noise come from Kanato. We pulled away, both out of breath.

"How bothersome," Shu said.

"Ara, Bitch-chan, I wish you would kiss me like that too!" Laito moaned.

I frowned and Subaru growled, chasing Laito around the room. The frown soon turned into a giggle and after a few minutes, the brothers left, leaving me and Subaru alone. The clock still read 12 PM and I looked at the sunny atmosphere outside.

"There's still time in our Sunday. Did you wanna go to the park?"

Subaru nodded, opening the bedroom door.

"After you."