Chapter 13: The Jennie Hysteria

Lisa was having weird dreams again.

She didn't dream of sunflowers and daisies though, most of it was random scenes and it sometimes left her a little breathless as soon as she woke up. The only thing was, no matter how hard she tried to remember, the images and scenes of her dreams were all blurry. She shouldn't really be worried, she knew that it was a normal thing, but she usually found herself thinking about it most of the time.

It happened one time when she zoned out while she and Jennie were having lunch. Jennie even needed to shout at her to get her attention. When she asked what was wrong, Lisa told her the truth but Jennie just held her hand across the table and smiled.

"Don't think too much, Lis. It's not good for you. But I totally get it, I also have dreams that left me thinking about it for days. Turned out, it didn't have any meanings at all and I was just being paranoid."

Lisa wasn't really convinced but she still dropped the subject, hoping that by doing so, her dreams won't bother her anymore.

The following the cold days of January was uneventful aside from Chaeyoung's constant updates of her wedding and Ji-Eun's almost everyday invitations of hanging out.

Since there weren't really many things to do for Lisa at home, she spent most of the days with Ji-eun. They would usually jog at the park every morning or spent the afternoon biking around Lisa's neighborhood. Sometimes, Ji-eun would also stay for dinner or play with Leo since the cat grew fond of her too.

Jennie would cook and Lisa would help her while Ji-eun would help to arrange the plates.

There was one time, it was a Thursday night, just as when they removed all the Christmas decors around the apartment when Ji-eun offered to cook for dinner. Jennie wasn't really ecstatic about it, she didn't like someone running her kitchen, but Lisa missed the look of annoyance on her face and happily agreed for Ji-eun to cook.

Jennie didn't like the sight of Lisa cooking with a person that's not her in her kitchen. She couldn't count how many times she muttered bad words and how many times she rolled her eyes that night. The worst thing was, Ji-eun could really cook well and Lisa seemed to be enjoying it. She was only glad that it didn't happen again or else she may not control herself if there was a second time.

Another of Jennie's problem was, she barely sees Lisa ever since Ji-eun came. The blonde was always away from home and would usually come home late. They barely even ate together because Lisa was always eating out with Ji-eun. To be honest, Jennie wanted to be selfish and keep Lisa all to herself but she knew that Lisa was having fun and that was what she needed so Jennie could only let her be, besides she didn't need to worry because Jisoo and Chaeyoung swore to her that they made Ji-eun understand their situation. She just hopes that the woman could be trusted.

"Hey, you're home early." Jennie raised her eyebrow at the sight of Lisa. "Where's your girlfriend?"

It was only four in the afternoon and Lisa was usually still out with Ji-eun at this hour of the day.

Lisa playfully rolled her eyes and walked towards the kitchen to grab some water. "Eun have something else to do."

"You didn't deny that she's your girlfriend." Jennie stated, looking at Lisa intently as her arms crossed on her chest. "So are you two a thing or something?"

It was a question that was playing on Jennie's mind for days but she was afraid of asking Lisa about it, afraid of her answer.

The blonde put the glass on the kitchen counter and stepped closer to her. Lisa's head and chest were filled with sweat, she was wearing her usual gym outfit and her hair was tied into a bun with her bangs messily tucked behind her ears.