Special Chapter

Hi. This is not much. Really. But I wrote this as a thank you gift (and because someone really dear to me has been requesting a special chapter since... forever).

I'm not not sure if you'll like it but here goes Jenlisa's life after the epilogue:

*****

It happened during rainy days. Not always, but there were a few times when Jennie would wake up with Lisa murmuring beside her, trembling, and sometimes, crying as if she was mimicking the rain. It was painful at first, but she went through so much worse that few moments of Lisa forgetting her was not something that she would cry over. Though, it still makes her heart ache knowing that her wife was going through it again. And maybe it would never really go away.

Whenever Lisa wakes up in the middle of the night, gasping for air as she tries to remember where she was, Jennie would just lay still beside her. She wouldn't dare to move. It was one thing that she learned when she tried to put her arms around her wife one night, and Lisa, who was unaware of who she was, stormed out of the house. Jennie didn't want to repeat the same mistake again, so she let her calm down in her own way. She let Lisa take in her surroundings, she lets her see their pictures on the wall, the drawings of their kids, and the calendar. Jennie discovered that making Lisa see the date somewhat helps. It brings her back to her. To the present.

Though, there were some nights when her wife wouldn't come back for a few hours. Lisa would just stay in their bedroom and Jennie needed to leave her alone until she remembers. Sometimes, Lisa would go to their living room to watch the fireplace, or sometimes to their porch where she can watch the waves. And Jennie would always wait for her with a cup of warm tea or chocolate coffee or just coffee. And Lisa would always look at her, teary and apologetic, as she whispers, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but Jennie would shush her again and again, it's okay, I'm here, we're safe, while kissing her hair.

Jennie also discovered that waves and sea air calms her wife, so they moved to the beach house outside of Seoul. Their kids loved it too. They love playing in the sand, running around, or sometimes just sitting under the sunset. It was their little paradise and Jennie knew she would never regret leaving the limelight for this. For her little family.

Or maybe, not so little anymore.

"Lisa, we already have three cats and you want another one?" Jennie pretends to shake her head in disbelief, suppressing her smile.

Her wife put her hands and chin on the kitchen counter, eyes looking at her pleadingly as she bakes. "It's not for me. Lily needs a playmate. Luca doesn't want to play with her anymore and Leo is too... well, you know him. He's asleep and grumpy all the time."

"I swear, this house is going to turn into a zoo sometimes."

But of course, Jennie agreed anyway because she simply couldn't deny anything for Lisa (and because even though the cats obviously like Lisa more, she still secretly loves them too). So the next day, their family got a little bigger. And next year after that. And the next. And the next.

-

Jennie used to love winter. However, as the years went by, she became more keen to summer for one reason: Lisa rarely got episodes during this time of the year. Hence, they always spend it out of town. Sometimes along with their kids or sometimes it's just the two of them. Being with their kids was fun, but having alone time with Lisa was something she always cherished. (Moms need a quiet break too!)

And so they travel, mostly to places where they were quite unknown, where the spotlight wasn't directed to them, where they can roam around freely without the media capturing their every move. They never really watch the news and their social media accounts were deleted for good. Their only connection to the outside world were Jisoo and Rosie, who kept them updated about the important things. Sometimes, Ji-eun too, whenever she visits during the holidays with her husband.