Chapter 6: Everyone's Acting Weird

Lisa could feel it. Everyone's acting weird. And yes, when she said everyone, she literally meant everyone around her. From Leo to Jennie to Chaeng and even Doctor Jisoo. She didn't know if she was the one who was actually weird but there was really something off about everything.

It started on Wednesday at the event that she and Jennie attended.

The sight of Jennie and Seulgi laughing while talking comfortably was odd enough for Lisa that she stood behind for a minute to observe the two.

It really wasn't that weird, maybe Lisa was just overreacting again but she was only concerned that Jennie might say something related to their current relationship. Even when she and Irene had been friends for a long time, she didn't want anyone outside her immediate family to find out that she lost it in the head after the break-up. Being the loser was enough, she wouldn't want them to think that she was loser mentally too.

(Or maybe, just maybe, Lisa found it weird because she was just jealous that Jennie could really be friends with anyone within a minute. That girl was a total charmer, even Lisa would agree, but Jennie was also annoying and caring and sweet and-

Wait, Lisa wasn't supposed to think like that because she swore she wouldn't like Jennie. She wanted her gone and out of her life, remember?)

The second thing that Lisa found weird was when she saw Irene at the event looking so pregnant. Her heart hurt so so much. Irene looked so beautiful and so happy in love. It should make Lisa bitter, because how can someone who cheated on her was having the best time of her life while Lisa's life had been hell since. She wanted to throw a fit, to scream how unfair life was but Lisa was just... tired of everything.

And somehow as she stared at her ex who was laughing and whispering to her fiancé and with her growing belly, Lisa finally felt a tiny tiny tiny bit of acceptance, she knew winning Irene back was not a choice anymore.

They didn't interact at the party at all but there were moments that their gazes met but Lisa was fast to remove hers. It was only three months since they broke up, but to Lisa, the pain she was feeling felt like it was there for a long time. There were also moments when Irene seemed to be walking over to her, but Lisa again stayed away.

Good thing was, Jennie knew that she was uncomfortable and gave her reassuring glances and soft touches to calm her down. At first, Lisa wasn't used to Jennie's warmth but she was still glad that the woman was by her side that whole evening.

Another weird thing she found out, and hate to admit, was that doctor Jisoo was actually... nice. She didn't know what happened but when the doctor called her one morning asking her if she wanted to file a complaint to Jennie, all she did was talk to her politely. It was like their first meet did not happen at all. Lisa was still waiting for an apology though, she was hurt and offended. And what the doctor did was unprofessional.

So when the doctor asked her to come by her office later that afternoon, Lisa said yes even though she was still hesitant. She thought they could at least be civil with each other.

"Ready?" Jennie said as they both stood up from the couch on doctor Jisoo's waiting area.

Lisa nodded and followed Jennie all the way to the doctor's room. The smell of choco and coffee mixture filled the room, a scent that made Lisa comfortable.

Doctor Jisoo was standing behind her desk, a pleasant smile was on her face and to Lisa's surprised, it seemed that she was glad to see her.

"Hello, Lisa. I'm glad to see you again." She greeted. Her gaze then landed on Jennie, who was wearing a black dress underneath her yellow hoodie. "Jennie, it's been a long time."