Chapter 8: Some Freakish Nights

She laughed.

That was what Jennie did when Lisa confronted the brunette about hearing her voice on the radio.

"What are you talking about? I never sing in front of many people in my entire life, let alone in a radio show." Jennie chuckled at her, like what she just said was something impossible.

Lisa crossed her arms defensively. "But I swear it was your voice."

"Lis, you said you just got off the phone with me when you heard it so maybe you were just... I don't know, probably it affected your hearing? Besides, I don't even know that song."

Lisa wanted to ask for more but her curiosity and questions were stuck at the end of her tongue, she didn't have a chance to question Jennie further because just as when she was about to do so, the front door of her apartment opened and Chaeyoung came in, unannounced and interrupting her discussion with Jennie.

"Chaeng? What are you doing here?"

But Lisa already knew why. There was only one reason why Chaeyoung had to visit her at almost past eight in the evening.

"Doctor Jisoo told me what happened." She replied, walking towards Lisa to give her a warm hug. "Are you alright?"

Lisa nodded as her step sister's gaze suddenly landed behind her.

"Hi! You must be Jennie." Chaeyoung greeted excitedly.

Jennie warmly smiled, taking a step towards the other blonde. "Hi, it's so nice to finally meet you."

It was an unusual sight to see Jennie and Chaeyoung in one room. It was like two of Lisa's world collided and it started to make her feel anxious for some reason she couldn't really understand. Chaeyoung suddenly enveloped the brunette in a warm hug, it was so sudden that Lisa thought Jennie would be uncomfortable but when she hugged Chaeyoung back with the same fondness, it seemed like Lisa was the only uncomfortable one.

"Would you join us for dinner?" Jennie asked, her eyes warm.

Chaeyoung apologetically looked between the couple and told them that she won't stay long, but Jennie insisted. "I won't take no for an answer."

In the end, Chaeyoung stayed.

Lisa wasn't complaining, she loved her stepsister to be around but she was just so tired to speak and to explain everything to her. It was like her mind was being squeezed every time she tried to think about the recent events all at once.

"I'm sorry, I'm just worried. But alright, let's not talk about it right now." Chaeyoung finally said after a loud groan from Lisa.

They were in the living room watching TV, while Jennie was at the kitchen preparing dinner for the three of them.

Lisa was quiet while Chaeyoung was busy with her phone, giggling to whoever she was texting with a blush on her cheeks. Lisa was suddenly curious, she knew Chaeyoung wasn't the type of person who would entertain a person if she wasn't fond of him and even though they knew each other ever since they were young, Chaeyoung not once introduced someone to her.

She wanted to know who was making her stepsister laugh but she doubts the other blonde would tell her about him so she just stayed quiet and wait for dinner instead.

Jennie called them some moments after, and Lisa was surprised to see what Jennie prepared. Their dining was transformed into a restaurant-like arrangement with soup and main dishes on their plates.

Chaeyoung clapped excitedly at the sight of it.

The food was great as usual, especially when it was combined with the wine that Chaeyoung brought them from Spain. Lisa could tell that Jennie was delighted as she sipped, and although Lisa politely declined that she wouldn't want to drink, her stepsister basically pushed the wine glass up to her lips and she had no choice but to take a sip. It was sweet and bitter, and it reminded her of something but Lisa couldn't really remember what was it.