62.

HARLOW POV

This man is crazy! Now I see how Salem became crazy as well. It's in the genes! Sitting here I'm trying to think of every way to get out of these stupid handcuffs!. My mom was no help. Turning to her I saw her teasing my dad.

Was she enjoying this? "Mom!".

She quickly turned to me "yeah what's up?".

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm dealing with your dad, why?" She asked.

"Why do I have a feeling you're enjoying this..." I said.

She turned away and smiled at my dad who was feeding into her crap "mom! You're suppose to be mad! Remember the divorce?!".

"Oh yeah I remember! But in the mean time why not have fun?" She said.

Shaking my head cause just then I realized what my mom was doing. This is what they did. The divorce was a lie. She just wanted dad to do what she wanted and she used that as a leverage. Wow!.

My dad was loving this. To the point he uncuffed my mom. They both walked in the back to "talk". My ass!. Now I'm even more upset and now I'm disgusted!.

Moments later they came back all smiles. My dad was all into my mom. "Helloooo?!".

They both seemed to come to and looked at me "oh hey Harlow!".

"Don't hey me! What the hell is going on here? You were suppose to be on my side! But instead you were under him!" I said.

"More like on top but yeah okay" she said.

"You both are strange! Is this what you guys do for excitement or something?" I asked.

"Look what we do isn't the reason why we are here. I settled one problem and now it's time to talk to you. I'm truly sorry about jumping on Salem side. Just understand if bentley was to come home all beaten up and telling you a story. How would you react? Probably the same way".

"Where are we going with this?" I asked.

"I know you're mad at me! And you have every right to be... but I'm sorry for everything" he said.

I smirked "wow dad thanks for telling me what I wanted to hear. Again I'm not mom! You'll have to try just a little harder than that".

My dad turned to my mom and back at me "Harlow I'm trying to apologize here and you're not making it easy for me".

"Fuck easy... try a little harder" I said.

"What do you want to hear?" He asked.

"You are a grown man! You figure it out!" I said.

He sighed and paced around. That's right I wanted to make him sweat. He loves telling people what they want to hear but not today. "Let's start the conversation... why do you like Salem more than all the other children including myself?".

"I already told you... she's a needy girl. Harlow do you see how you are? Very in your face, strong, taking no shit from anyone. I mean I look at you and know you'll be able to handle anything that comes your way. Salem not so much. She's like a baby" he said.

"So because I'm all tough you just took that daddy role away from me?" I asked.

"Not intentionally... Harlow you've never came to me with problems. It was more of you going to mom" he said.

"Actually I did! When that elementary school was pulling the race card. But you jumped to taking the school side" I said.

"That's because I don't and will never experience racism like you or mom will. So how would I relate to what you were telling me?" He asked.

"Doesn't matter! The point of having your kid side was more of the issue here" I said. He sighed again "it seems whatever I say isn't right".

"Welcome to my world" I said.

"Then you didn't come to my shower! Do you realize what that did to me?! No right?! Stone saw what the effects of that did" feeling a tear slip down my cheek.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there. I am" he said.

"Did you know I have a binge eating issue. Anytime something happens especially with you... I stuff my face with everything in sight. That night I was balling my eyes out with a table full of food that I ate. Stone saw me in the midst of everything and was shaken up" I said.

He didn't say anything.

"Just because I'm so called strong doesn't mean I don't have my own dealings with. The only reason you wouldn't even notice that is because I don't gain the weight from the binging. But it's there and it's real" I said.

Again he was silent...

"Stone has been a god send. He's been helping me not to binge. He doesn't want to see me breakdown like that ever again. You wouldn't understand" I said.

He took a seat next to me in mom's so called chair "Harlow I didn't even know anything about that. And I'm in awe that you were going through that. I'm sorry that I've caused you to breakdown".

I stayed quiet this time.

"As a father I should've been there for you at that time. I failed you. But I promise you I'm going to start doing better. Just give me another chance. I'll prove to you that I can do better for you" he said.

"I want to. But you seem to not follow through" I said.

"You have my word. From now on I'll be there and be a dad to you. And a wonderful grandad to Bentley" he said.

My mom smiled "this is what I wanted to see".

My dad uncuffed me "let's hug it out". He opened his arms and I walked into them. I was still mad that he did all of this. But I ended up hugging him back. The warmth of him felt nice. Then it hit me.

"Eww I have booty juice all over me now" I whined.