35.

HARLOW POV

I'm happy stone and I had our talk. It was much needed and now he knows how I feel. My mom was right... I need to let myself be open to receive love and see what happens.

Turning to see stone walking towards me at the car. I wanted ice cream so... cravings! An unknown man was walking and bumped into stone. The man looked at stone and jumped "oh shit I'm sorry! So sorry stone. I wasn't looking!".

Stone just glanced at the man but didn't say anything. The man was still pleading how sorry he was. Standing there a little confused at what I was watching. I mean yeah he's a detective but he's not that scary. Stone pushed the man out of his way and the guy ran off.

He smiled "here you go".

"Thanks. What was that about?" I asked.

"Oh him? I have no idea. You know there's a lot of junkies around here now" he said.

"Weird" I said.

Hours later I was at his home. Already comfortable as well... I wanted to wash some clothes. Leave up to stone his laundry will never get done. And the excuse will be he never has time.  Spraying some cleaner on his shirts I noticed there's a lot of red dots.

Stuffing an Oreo in my mouth "stone come here!".

He walked in "what's up?".

Showing him the shirt "what is this?".

He shrugged "no idea. Maybe when I went to that construction site to question a guy something spilled".

Looking at the shirt again and back at stone "Umm... I guess". He kissed my forehead "thanks for doing laundry".

"Welcome" I smiled.

The next morning I woke up to stone arguing with someone on the phone. Now I didn't sit up or anything but I had my eyes open just watching him pace back and forth.

"Look you prick! I said I want my money by tomorrow! And you know what will happen. I've done it before and I'll do it again! Understand? Good! Tomorrow at twelve! No later!" He said.

When he ended the call I closed my eyes pretending to sleep. Hearing his feet move out the room. Slowly opening my eyes I laid there trying to figure out what the hell is going on!

After using the bathroom I walked to the kitchen and of course he had breakfast ready. "Hey sleepyhead" he smiled.

"My favorite... spinach, avocado omelette!" I said.

"It's a good thing you are somewhat of a  healthy eater already" he said.

Tearing into my breakfast "you woke me up with the phone call you had".

He turned to me "oh I'm sorry! Just newbies at the precinct... you know they are clueless".

"Why would you lend someone money you don't know?" I asked.

"Oh that! I'm always willing to help someone. You know that" he said. He was right. "Come on don't worry about me. Just enjoy your breakfast".

"Don't have to tell me twice" I joked.

//

When I got back to my dorm. Bianca ran to me "yay! You're back".

I smiled "yeah I'm back".

"I'm telling you that RA doesn't come around unless you are here. It's creepy" she said.

"Please don't even mention her or she'll pop out of nowhere" I joked.

"So how's stone? You talking to him now?" She asked.

"Look I was going through some mental things and had to think things through. He now knows how I feel and we are okay" I said.

"See I was right! And you wanted to lie and say it was the paper" she said.

"Well you know how I am" I said.

She hugged me and we walked to our room. Before we could even get there. There was a crowd of people and police at our dorm building. Bianca and I glanced at each other. Someone gasped "oh my god she's dead!".

"Dead? Who?" I asked.

"The RA!" Someone said.

Bianca covered her mouth "damn".

I was confused. The RA is dead? How?.

"Everyone keep back. This is now a homicide investigation" the officer said. That also meant stone would be here soon once he gets the call.

"Damn someone took out the RA. I don't know if I should be excited or upset" Bianca said.

"I wouldn't say that here. If any of them hear that you'll be ruled a suspect quick" I warned.

Bianca covered her mouth and kept watching. Now we couldn't go anywhere because the cops had taped off the walkway. But I also didn't want to stand here and watch this. "Come on lets go somewhere until this cleans up" I said. Bianca nodded and followed.