52.

STONE POV

Opening the door to my house. I knew Harlow was home but she was still up due to the lights still being on. She's always been very energy saving when it came to the bills here.

Seeing her tippy toeing our of Bentley's room she put her fingers up to her lips and walked into our room "I finally got him to sleep". Following right behind her wrapping my arms around her waist "Stone you stink".

"I know... garlic will do that to you" I joked. Leaning in I placed my lips on hers. "So guess who I saw tonight?".

"Who? Your friend?" She asked.

I nodded "well other than him".

"Who?" She looked at me. Harlow was very pretty. I'm not sure she even knows how pretty she is. "Salem". She rolled her eyes "oh god! Did she embarrass you?".

"No before she could I stopped her... she was drunk to say the least. But she came onto me" I said. Harlow blinked twice and smirked "stone give me the keys to your car. I want to get some fast food".

"Yeah okay... no" I said.

Harlow was quick she went into my pocket got the key and ran out the room. I've must've had a delay cause it hit me where she was going. Running as fast as I can to catch her. We made it to the front door which I doubled locked.

Pinning her against the door "drop the key" I warned.

"You don't scare me" she said.

"Harlow... drop it" I said.

She sucked her teeth "here". Hearing and seeing the key drop to the floor. I extended my leg to get it meanwhile still pinning her. She watched me maneuver myself.

"Are you crazy? Why would you even run off like that?" I asked.

"Look Salem is now over stepping boundaries! I just wanted to show her something real quick" she said.

"No, I won't let you fight your sibling. Doesn't matter how bad that person may be. She'll be winning when you're taken away in the back of a cop car" I said.

"Coming from the man who is a big time known drug lord and kills people. And you want to give me a PSA on why I should beat my sisters ass for coming onto my man! Wow stone... aren't you a model citizen".

Harlow's sarcasm was her worse trait. It would always come out at the worst time. I sighed "look go back upstairs and chill".

"Let me go first" she said.

Not trusting Harlow at this moment cause her mind was on one thing only and that's making her way to beat up her sister. We stared at each other for a short time. Quickly flipping her over my shoulder and carrying her up the stairs. She fought me but as long as she's in bed with me and not getting arrested. Placing her down on the bed "stay here or else".

"Or else what?" She asked.

Going in my dresser draw I took out a leather paddle "don't make me use this... again".

She sighed "nah I'm good. My ass never really recovered from the last time".

"Good, remember you're a mother now. Start thinking and making good choices" I said. She laid there just staring at me. "Now I never entertained Salem and her shit. Actually I told her to not touch me. I see through her already".

"Don't we all..." she said.

"You have nothing to worry about. Just let her be. She'll destroy herself by herself" I said.

Harlow looked at me and smiled "you're right. Thanks for calming me down. Lord, Salem was about to get a serious beat down".

"I know that's why I stopped it before it got that serious" I said. Pulling her into my arm as she laid on my chest. Had to make sure she doesn't try and sneak off while I sleep. Harlow is very smart so I don't put nothing past her.

In about eight minutes I didn't see her move. Using my phone I saw she was sleeping. But I was still going to hold onto her just in case.  The next morning I jumped up when I didn't feel her on me. Looking around I saw my key on the dresser. Hearing the television downstairs I released a breath.

After the bathroom I went downstairs to see her and Bentley together as she ate and feeding him too.

"Morning" she smiled.

Walking past the front door I saw a little mess from last night. "Morning".

"Again thank you for last night" she said. I walked up behind her and tilted her head up placing a kiss on her forehead "you're welcome".