49.

STONE POV

Since Harlow went to her sisters party

Since Harlow went to her sisters party. It was just me and bentley. "Can you help dad and spot the bad guys?... no I didn't think so" I joked. Not that I wanted bentley lying down so I placed him on my lap. Secured him enough where I knew he wasn't uncomfortable. Harlow would've killed me for doing this. But no harm done.

Hopefully Harlow is having a good time with her family. Not for nothing the whole teenage scene isn't my thing. And knowing bentley was way to young for that noise I just stayed home with him.

A knock at the door got me killed "damn! See bentley distractions are the worst". Picking him up and we both went to answer the door. "Boss" Ryan said.

"Shouldn't you be at your sisters party?" I asked.

"I was... for an hour. That whole scene isn't my thing. You know..." he said. Letting him inside "make this quick. Not sure how long Harlow will be there for".

He nodded "yeah I know. Can I hold him?".

Handing bentley to Ryan while I get a list I made "I see bentley likes you".

"I'm his uncle! Of course he does" Ryan said. Placing the list down on the table "so... that warehouse on market street is where you'll meet them. I've already explained to them what is what. So at least no one will get slick or stupid".

"Love the way you work boss" he smiled. He handed me back bentley "tell Harlow I said hello. Even though I just saw her". Letting Ryan out the door. Bentley and I went back to the game.

//

HARLOW POV

Summer and I were about to leave. She needed a ride back home. I borrowed stones car for the night. Summer saw the Audi and jaw dropped "well damn... nice car!".

"Not mine" I said.

"You rented a car?" She asked.

"No! This is stone's. Get in" I said. Summer wasted no time getting inside and getting comfortable. Starting up the car I waited for it to warm up. "You know for what stone does as a career. Didn't think he made that much to afford an Audi".

I nervously laughed "right?".

"Maybe being the chief detective is more payable than we think" she said.

"Something like that..." I said. Before I could even pull out Salem waved me down "don't even stop for her let's go!".

"She might jump infront of the car or something stupid. Last thing I need..." I said. Letting the window down "what?".

"Where are you girls going?" She asked.

"Home... if you would move out the way" summer yelled.

"Summer relax! Let's not act like you do so much at home" Salem said. Summer unbuckled her belt "don't make me come out this car..."

"Look... I didn't come here to be ghetto like some person sitting in the front seat. But I just wanted to know what you gals were up to. Come party with me!" She said.

"Yeah... no! I have a baby to get back to. And summer also has children to tend to" I said.

"How rude can you be? And rub that you both are mothers in my face!" She said.

"That wasn't even it. You asked and I answered" I said. Salem sucked her teeth "you know what I was really considerate asking you guys to hang with me. And then you say that. Well forget it then!".

"Bye!" Summer yelled.

Shaking my head I just sped off.

"See told you just to keep driving. Talking to Salem is a waste and a headache" she said. Moments later I pulled up to summers home. She hugged me and got out. River ran out the house and into the car "before you leave... take me home. Please".

I nodded and started on the route to my parents home "how was the party?".

"It was nice... are you excited for yours?" I asked.

"You think Ryder's was nice. Just wait" he smiled.

Shaking my head "you two are spoiled".

"Do me a favor make sure Salem does not attend. I don't want her there" he said.

"That I can't do. You better tell mom or dad" I said.

"I've done that but you know mom... she won't listen" he said. River... well he's more of the type or I said what I said. No apologies at all. "I mean it's your party so you should have say who comes".

"That's what I said!" He said.

Pulling up to my parents house... river hugged me and got out the car. I waited to see when he got inside and I left. Feeling like a damn Uber driver. About thirty minutes I finally reached stones home. Parking the car in the driveway... I walked inside to see stone and Bentley sitting with one another as he played his game.

"Really?" I asked.

"See bentley mom got us killed!" He whined. Taking bentley in my arms and leaving stone there to finish his game "daddy had you all into it". Putting Bentley in his bouncy seat so I could change and take off this makeup.

Stone walked into the bathroom "so you take him to put him here to watch you?".

"Better than that game" I joked.

"See bentley mommy is hating on our bonding time" he said.