21.

GIA POV

I was curious. Wanting to know if what Salem was saying was true. The way Delano acts towards Harlow says different than what Salem just told me. Pulling up to Delano's office. I knew he was there.

Walking in he seemed surprised "I've never been inside here". He stood up "what's up?".

Shaking my head "nothing much. Just wanted to stop by". Looking around I saw the awards and trophy's. Even the picture of Harlow at her high school graduation. She was the valedictorian. We were so proud of her!.

"Wow didn't realize you had all of these things here" I said.

He didn't say anything.

Going through some of the awards. Student of the month, Honor Rolls, perfect attendance. You name it she had it. But even though Harlow is gifted she never made you feel anything less. She stayed humble.

Turning to him "then why?".

"Harlow is a special being. Very intelligent, relentless, driven, and stubborn. But she can go so far in life" he said.

"Has she ever been in here?" I asked.

He shook his head "you know anytime I want to talk to Harlow I always feel that she'll take it the wrong way or just push me away".

"She's not like that. She doesn't bite either" I said.

"Easier for you. You have a close relationship with her" he said.

"It's always been a little harder for us to bond. I can try but I don't feel it. Hence why I just stay arms length from her" he said.

That broke my heart. Wrapping my arms around his shoulder from the back "I'm sorry. I take blame for that. Maybe keeping Harlow away from you when she was a baby wasn't the smartest thing. But also I was hurting".

He nodded "and I understand that. But I'm not sure we will ever bond the way the other kids have".

"Maybe you should let her see in here. If she sees that you kept on top of her achievements and framed her things and pictures... she might see it differently".

"I don't want Harlow to just stay away and keep our grandchild away too. She's been doing that lately. I would like to be there for her" he said.

"I don't want to give you any ideas. But surprise her at school. Trust me you'll be the last thing she thought she see coming there" I said. He sat there in thought. He didn't agree or disagree.

//

HARLOW POV

Just leaving my class I started the walk to my dorm. Today had to be one to the days the class was way further than usual. I walk two steps and I'm out of breath. Let me take my time. About seven minutes later finally reaching my dorm I saw my dad. Looking around to make sure he was alone. Don't need Salem doing a surprise visit too.

"Umm why are you here?" I asked. No offense it's weird having him here. He's never here!.

"Wanted to make sure you were okay. Being pregnant and all" he said.

I nodded slowly "I'm okay. Thanks?".

Silence filled the space between us.

"Do you want to come up?" I asked not being too sure. He nodded "sure". He held the door open for me. We got on the elevator together in silence. Taking the ride up to my floor. Opening my room door Bianca wasn't here. The one time I wish she was.

"Welcome to my home" I said. He walked in looking around "cute".

"Thanks, are you thirsty?" I asked.

"No I'm fine, thanks" he said.

"So.... Umm how's Salem doing?" I asked.

He shrugged "I didn't come here to speak about Salem". Taken back a little "oh".

"Oh you got an award here. Making the deans list?!" He asked.

I nodded "yeah".

"You know in my office I have every one of your awards framed. Along with your trophy's" he said.

"Say what?" I asked.

He nodded "yeah... I've always been proud of you Harlow. Even admired you for how smart you are".

Now this was getting weird. "Then why do you treat me like a stranger?".

He sat on my bed "I don't know if you know but your mom and I were going through a whole lot before you were born. As you know I cheated on mom. She left and never mentioned she was pregnant with you. Actually if Salem didn't talk and tell me about you who knows how long mom would've kept you from me. I didn't get to be part of that pregnancy. Never got to bond with you. That's why it's hard for me".

Joining him on my bed "mom told me about this... but even though we didn't meet until I was ten months we could've still formed some type of bond".

"It's not that easy. That's something I never forgave your mother for". Well this wasn't the visit I was expecting.