Morning Coffee

It's now been two weeks since Nikki ended up in hospital after being stabbed while leaving court by a family member of someone that had died. Nikki has now been discharged from hospital and has been home for the past week, although she has been assigned a district nurse to come out and change dressings and keep an eye on Nikki's general health and recovery. 

It's currently early morning and Nikki is still asleep in bed and Jack has decided to get up and sort both the girls out so Nikki has less to worry about when she's up, he has called into the Lyell to say that he will be coming in today but Maddison's health visitor is coming to see her and he wants to be around for that.

Jack has just put some bread in the toaster and prepares Poppy's orange juice for her, he turns around to give it to her but notices that she isn't sat at the kitchen table like she was minutes ago. He stops and listens for a moment before heading through into the hallway and looking up the stairs to see Poppy climbing the staircase. 
"Poppy?" He smirks making her jump. 
Poppy turns around and looks at Jack completely horrified. "What are you up to Missy? your toast is nearly ready" Jack speaks and Poppy shrugs her shoulds and comes back down the stairs, "Was you going to wake Mummy up?" Jack asks raising an eyebrow. 

Poppy doesn't reply but walks into the kitchen and Jack follows behind, "Daddy? can I have, jam please?" Poppy asks with a grin as she watches Jack take the toast from the toaster. 

He looks through the fridge before grabbing some and preparing her dinner, as he does that Nikki comes down and into the kitchen, "Why didn't you wake me? I could have done that" Nikki croaks as she looks over at Jack, she then walks to Poppy and places a kiss on her head. 

"Because you need your beauty sleep" Jack speaks cutting up Poppy toast and placing it on her plate before handing it to her. "Coffee?" Jack questions Nikki. 

Nikki nods and walks over to him and he turns the kettle on, she wraps her arms around his body from behind and cuddles into him, "How's the pain this morning, I heard you up last night" He speaks as he moves away from her and then turns around and pulls her into a hug.

"I'm managing, I knocked my stomach last night in bed, so I got up had a cup of tea and some pain relief... well I had to express milk too because I'd leaked, unfortunately, it's no good so it all went down the drain. I can't wait to feed her again, there is something about it I love" Nikki sighs as she rests her head on Jack's chest for a while. 

"I like milk!" Poppy speaks up causing Jack and Nikki to look over at her. 
Nikki shakes her head and laughs at her daughter's naivety, "Of course you do sweetie" She smiles.

Jack leans forward and steals a kiss from Nikki, "I love you" He whispers against her lips as she kisses him back gently. 
"Eww!" Poppy exclaims as she watches the couple share another kiss just to make Poppy squirm. 

Nikki pulls away from the kiss and looks at Poppy with a smirk on her face, Jack then turns and pours the boiling water into a mug for Nikki and stirs the drink. "So, you better go get the girls dressed while I enjoy my coffee" She smiles as she picks up the mug and stands with her back to the counter. "Also make sure they have something decent on and look like we love our children... the health visitor is due in a couple of hours."

Jack smirks and steals a kiss from her, "Good thing I love you... of course my lady, your wish is my command" Jack speaks and then walks over to Poppy and scoops her up, "Come on Pops, let's get you and Maddie dressed" He speaks as he carries her on her hip through to the lounge where he picks Maddison up and then heads upstairs to dress both his daughters.