Birthday Girl

Nikki is now 29 weeks pregnant, in a few days time, she will 30 weeks pregnant, in a few days time Nikki is due to have the operation which will hopefully fix the two holes in the baby's heart.

Today is Poppy's third birthday and to celebrate her third year, both Jack and Nikki have decided to take Poppy to soft play and have invited some of her pre-school friends as it would be the very last birthday she would spend with her pre-school class. 
They have just arrived at the pub which has a soft play area in and is currently walking in. "Right now Pops, you must tell Mummy or Daddy if you need the toilet" Nikki smiles as she crouches down beside Poppy who is messing with her birthday badge that is attached to her dress.

"What does that say?" Poppy questions pointing at the writing on her badge. 
"It says 'I am three today' darling," Nikki smiles kissing her head.
Poppy giggles and follows Jack as he walks to the bar and asks about the party for Poppy, they direct him to a table where Jack places Poppy's changing bag down behind the tables and places the cake down with it too. 

"Mummy? when can I play?" Poppy asks as she tugs on Nikki's cardigan sleeve.
"Soon sweetheart, you have to wait for some friends to come" Nikki explains to her daughter who is trying to climb up onto the chair.

She climbs up onto the chair and Nikki takes a seat next to her, "Jack, Clarissa and Max said they would pop in later to give Poppy her presents, what time should I say for them to come round?" Nikki asks looking up at her phone and across the table at her partner. 

Jack smiles at her as he looks from the menu that has pre-occupied him, "I would say around five, give us time to clean up the lounge a bit" Jack smiles.
She nods and messages Clarissa back before putting her phone in her handbag. "Is baby awake Mummy?" Poppy questions as she pokes Nikki's bump.

Nikki looks at her daughter and laughs, "No darling, I think the baby is alseep" Nikki replies and Poppy sighs. "What's wrong sweetheart, didn't you want the baby to sleep?" Nikki asks her.  

Poppy shakes her head, "But that's not allowed!" Poppy frowns as she leans over Nikki's lap and goes close to her Mum's 29-week pregnant stomach, "Wake up!" She shouts. 

"Hey Pops quiet please, use your indoor voices," Jack says from across the table.

Poppy frowns and sits there with her arms crossed for a while before she notices two of her pre-school friends walking in, she jumps off her chair and runs over to them hugging them both, "Oh Jack look at her... where did my baby go?" Nikki coos watching Poppy. 

Jack smiles and stands up to greet the parents, "Hiya, you must be Poppy's parents, lovely to meet you I am Miranda, Rory and Amelie's Mum" She smiles as she shakes Jacks hand as Nikki stands up to greet them, Nikki hugs Miranda and smiles. "Gosh look at you, not long left?" Miranda smiles. 

Nikki smiles and places her hand on her bump, "Yes, almost 30 weeks gone" Nikki smiles.
Miranda smiles cheerfully and then calls her twins over, "Rory, Amelie... why don't you give Poppy the presents you got her" She smiles handing the twins a present each. 

"Happy Birthday Poppy" Amelie giggles and hands Poppy a present, her brother Rory does the same and hands the small present to her too. 
Poppy giggles and looks at the appealing wrapping paper in awe, "What do you say Pops?" Jack prompts as Nikki snaps a few pictures of her. 
"Thank you" She giggles happily and passes her presents to her Dad. 

Soon more children arrive which means Poppy finally gets to go into the soft play area, "Mummy I need help!" Poppy panics as she realizes she can't undo the buckles on her shoes. Nikki lifts Poppy onto the chair and unbuckles her shoes placing them on top of her handbag. 

Poppy goes running off to play but Nikki grabs her and holds her back, "Pops, promise me you will come to me or Daddy if you need the toilet... you don't have any spare clothes. Silly Mummy forgot them" Nikki smiles and her daughter innocently nods. 

"I pinky promise" Poppy smiles and holds Nikki's little finger before skipping off merrily to join her friends.