Uncle Max & Auntie Clarissa

"Wakey, Wakey Poppy, Nikki says softly as she gently shakes her daughter attempting to wake her up as Clarissa and Max have just pulled up on the driveway, "I knew this was a bad idea letting her sleep" She says looking up at Jack who is standing in the driveway waiting to go and answer the door. 

Poppy starts to stir and whines as she wants to sleep for longer, "Come on darling up you get," Nikki smiles kissing Poppy on the cheek as she sits up on the sofa.
Poppy sits herself up and rubs her eyes before bursting into tears, "Oh darling whatever is the matter?" Nikki says softly pulling her daughter onto her lap.

The doorbell goes and Jack walks to the front door and opens it, "Clarissa!... Maximilian," He smiles greeting them both.
"Jackson!" Max replies with a smirk.
"So where is the birthday girl?" Clarissa smiles as Max helps her into the house. 
"Nikki has just woke her, fell asleep in the car earlier" Jack explains as he takes them through to the lounge where Poppy is laying against Nikki still crying. 

Jack stands in front of the fireplace as Max and Clarissa come into the lounge, "Hello Nikki, good to see you again" Max smiles walking over to her and kissing her cheek before taking a seat in the armchair. 

Poppy continues to cry and hides her face into Nikki's side, Nikki acknowledges Clarissa and Max before looking back down at her daughter. "You're being silly now Poppy, come on. Max and Clarissa are here just to see you" Nikki explains to her three-year-old.

She shakes her head and continues to hide in Nikki's side, "So would either of you like a drink?" Jack questions as Clarissa plays the gift bag down beside her feet. 

Before Max or Clarissa can speak Poppy looks up at Jack and holds her arms out to him, "Daddy!" She says her face red from crying and her nose slightly running, Jack walks over to the sofa where Nikki and Poppy are both sat and he lifts up his daughter and cuddles her. 

Nikki smiles at the two and then looks across at Max and Clarissa, "I shall do the drinks, what would you like?" Nikki smiles as she carefully stands herself up. 
"Tea, please" Clarissa smiles.
"Coffee would be nice" Max smiles as well. 

She heads into the kitchen and makes the drinks while Jack stands in the lounge trying to calm Poppy down in some way, "Have you had a good birthday?" Max asks the three-year-old. 
"Pops, Max is talking to you," Jack says as he removes her fingers from her mouth.

"Good" Poppy smiles as she clings to her father. 
Nikki comes back into the lounge with drinks for Max and Clarissa and places them down on the coffee table. She turns and looks at Jack and admires how Poppy clings to Jack almost like a baby koala. Even now as a three-year-old Poppy looks so tiny against Jack's muscular figure, she sighs with contentment as she sits back on the sofa and reminisces about how small but safe Poppy used to look at a newborn against Jack's body. 

"Poppy? Clarissa and I have got your present, would you like to open it?" Max smiles as he grabs the gift bag from Clarissa's feet.

Poppy looks at her Dad and he nods at her before placing her down on the floor, "Thank you" Poppy smiles as she takes the bag from Max and sits on the floor. 

Jack sits himself down next to Nikki and rests his hand on her knee while they all watch Poppy open her present. Poppy sits on the floor and pulls a wrapped up box from the bag, "Mummy look! Peppa!" Poppy beams as she admires the wrapping paper for a few seconds before noticing a birthday card and standing up, she takes it to Jack and hands it to him, "Daddy open please" Poppy smiles and takes carefully opens the card for her.

Once the envelope is open Poppy pulls the card out and looks at it, "I can't read" She frowns making the adults laugh, Poppy,frowns and passes the card to Jack.

"So the card says, To Poppy, have a magical third birthday, with loves of love from Clarissa and Max" Jack smiles and she runs to Clarissa and throws her arms around her before moving along to Max.

She pulls away from the hug with Max and sits back down on the floor and starts to open the present, she rips all the paper away and sits looking at the present on her lap. "Mummy look!" She beams happily and carries the box to Nikki.

"Oh Woah, Pops what is it" She smiles looking at her daughter.
"It's a Doctor Dolly!" She beams merrily before moving the present to Jack's lap, "Open!" She says and Jack raises an eyebrow at her, "Open, please" She smiles. 

Jack nods and begins to open the present for his daughter, Poppy waits patiently at his knees while he opens her present. While Jack does this Nikki strikes a conversation with Clarissa and Max who then move onto the subject about the baby, "Would you like to see the nursery? I mean it's not actually complete, just the cot we need to get down from the attic and the Moses basket we need to buy a new one" Nikki explains. 

"We'd love too" Clarissa smiles, they head upstairs and Max helps Clarissa out of her chair and up the stairs.