Poppy & Maddison

The following day. Nikki is slowly feeling more human after she decided to get up and go for a shower while Maddison sleeps, Jack who hasn't left her side all night is currently sat with Maddison and has had to deal with his first nappy in a very long time.
Nikki comes back from the bathroom in a clean set of pyjamas and her hair damp from washing it, she sits herself back down on the freshly changed bed and looks at Jack who is standing in the window with Maddison in his arms, he is slowly swaying and from what Nikki can hear he is singing to his daughter too.

She admires them both for a while before Jack snaps back into reality and turns to his partner who looks much better after her shower. "You look better already" Jack smiles.
"I feel it" She smiles and grabs her hairbrush from her wash bag and brushes her hair.

"Oh, the midwife said the doctor will be down soon to give you Maddison's results from her tests late yesterday evening" Jack explains and she nods.

"So what time is my firstborn getting here? I am so excited to see her face" Nikki smiles.
"Well, Dad messaged me saying he was on his way around a half-hour ago, but remember he doesn't drive anymore, so they're either coming by bus or taxi... or possibly the underground" Jack replies with a smile.

Nikki smiles and clambers onto the bed beside Jack, with her legs tucked comfortably under herself. "Okay," She smiles happily and plants a kiss on his cheek.

"We need to get married..." Jack says randomly as he strokes Maddison's tiny hand.
"What! No!" Nikki laughs nevously as she grabs her hairbrush.

Jack smiles and looks up from Maddison, "Come on Nikki, it would be a laugh... but I am being serious, this ring on your finger is there for a certain reason. I do plan on making you Mrs. Nicola Hodgson one day you know" He smiles and kisses her on the lips.

"Oh right, you know I hate commitment" Nikki chuckles resting her head on his shoulder.

Jack looks at her and raises an eyebrow before shifting Maddison slightly in his arms, "Really? Nikki? commitment... explain Poppy and Maddison to me then?" He smirks raising an eyebrow.

Nikki sighs in defeat, she knew that she has committed to something without realizing but marriage scared her in some sense, even though she is hopelessly in love with Jack. Before she can think too hard about it Jack's phone goes off and he passes Maddison to Nikki before answering the phone.

"Dad?... okay, on my way" Jack smiles as he looks at Nikki and then puts his phone down, "They're here, I shall just go get Poppy, Dad said he will wait in the cafe," Jack speaks and Nikki nods before placing Maddison down on the bed and looking down at her.

A few minutes later Jack walks back onto the ward with Poppy, who skips merrily beside him. "Daddy where is Mummy?" Poppy giggles as she follows him.
"Through here" He smiles.

Poppy bounds onto the ward and looks at her Mum who is at the other end, "Mummy!" She beams happily.
Jack walks over to Nikki and Poppy runs straight to her, "Hey sweetie," Nikki smiles completely happy to see her daughter.

Jack stands beside the cot that Maddison is now in and looks down at Poppy before glancing at Nikki and making eye contact, "Hey, Pops..." Jack smiles crouching down beside her.

Poppy turns and looks at Jack, "Mummy and I have someone we would like you to meet" Jack smiles as Nikki stands up from the bed and walks over to the cot and lifts Maddison out the cot before sitting back on the edge of the bed.

Jack stands upright and lifts Poppy up, Nikki looks up at Jack who has Poppy held against his side. "Hey, Pops. this is your little sister Maddison" Nikki beams happily looking down at Maddison.

Poppy looks down at Maddison with a very confused look on her face, Jack places Poppy down on the bed beside Nikki and smiles before setting himself down in the armchair. "Poppy?" Jack chuckles.

She looks up at her Dad, her bottom lip trembling and tears threatening to spill, "Oh baby, whatever is the matter?" She smiles as she moves her free arm around Poppy.

Poppy looks across at Maddison in Nikki's arms and begins to cry, "No!" She manages to say before slipping off the bed and to the floor, she sniffles and begins to cry more and more.

"Jack?" Nikki panics as she doesn't know what to do as her arms are full.
Jack looks at Poppy and leans forwards, "Hey what's up kiddo? want a hug?" Jack asks and Poppy shakes her head before attempting to run off.