Boiling Temper

It has now been a week since Nikki gave birth to Maddison and things are moving along perfectly fine, apart from Poppy who is still taking a long time to adapt to having a baby sister around the house. 
Jack has currently been called into work to finish up a case, although Nikki and Jack have agreed that he does every other week at work so Nikki can get the hang of parenting with two children around the house. 

Jack is sat at his desk in the Lyell finishing up some notes for the coroner and is chatting away to Clarissa who has just arrived from home, "... Yes, she kept us up last night, and that was just Poppy, Maddison seems to only settle for Nikki right now, which makes me feel so bad like I can't do anything" Jack chuckles keeping the focus on the task in hand. 

"Oh bless, have you got a picture of Maddison recently?" Clarissa smiles.
"She hasn't changed much in the past few days since I last showed you a picture... but this was her this morning still needs to grow into her newborn clothes" Jack smirks handing Clarissa the phone from across the desk as Clarissa is using Nikki's desk while she's on Maternity leave. 

"Oh isn't she the cutest little dot, she is the image of Nikki" Clarissa coos as she admires the photo of Maddison tucked up in her Moses Basket this morning. 

"She's got the darkest eyes too, the copy of Nikki" Jack smiles happily as he takes his phone back off Clarissa and continues typing on the computer. 
"When will I get to meet her?" Clarissa questions curiously as she is yet to meet the latest member of the Hodgson household. 

Jack thinks to himself for a moment, "I'm not sure myself, I shall have a chat with Nikki later, I'm sure she won't mind a few visitors" Jack replies with a smile. 
Clarissa nods understandingly and continues to work, they both fall silent and proceed to finish their paperwork when they hear Thomas enter the corridor beside the offices with a Police officer dressed in uniform. 

He soon walks into the offices with the police officer, Thomas clearly is annoyed with the officer by the tone in his voice. "...We need to speak with Dr. Alexander, who performed the post mortem on Philip Desmond..." The police officer repeats for what could be the second time.

"PC Hardy... I have told you this before Dr. Alexander isn't here at the moment, I am more than happy to help you" Thomas replies in annoyance at the PC's ignorance. 
"No, could you call her in? this is important" He adds.

Thomas shakes his head and places his hands on his hips, "She is unable to attend right now, Dr. Alexander is on maternity leave."

"Well can't she leave the baby with the father and come in?" He quizzes to the annoyance of Thomas who will blow at any given point. 
Thomas shakes his head again and proceeds to defend Nikki, "No, Dr. Alexander only gave birth last week. I shall not be calling her in!" Thomas says and PC Hardy falls silent for a moment. 

"Oh that's bloody great, the whole place stops because some silly woman decided to push out a child... not the most family friend job is it? The place never runs well with women in the profession... anyway who let her become a Doctor? I mean no one should become a mother and a Doctor," He replies which instantly annoys Jack who is about to blow as well as Thomas now. 

Jack shakes his head and stands up, slamming his hands down on the table, "That's enough! She has just given birth to my child. Leave her out of this, Now speak to Thomas about what you wanted to talk to Dr. Alexander about, or leave!" He shouts making PC Hardy jump. 

PC Hardy starts to laugh and shakes his head at Jack in disbelief, "That will never last!"
Jack grits his teeth and clenches his fists. "Oh yes, it will... It's called love, mate. Four years of unconditional love, two children and we are getting married... how can you say that won't bloody last!" Jack says blowing his lids.

Thomas stops Jack getting ready to punch him or do something drastic and speaks up, "Calm down Jack!"
PC Hardy continues to laugh at Jack and shakes his head again, "Not gonna last..." Before he can say anymore Jack takes a swing at PC Hardy and floors him. 
"Don't you ever... I mean ever laugh about my family again," Jack shouts spitting slightly as he shouts at him. 

Thomas steps in and steps in front of Jack stopping him from doing anything serious. "My office now!" He demands and Jack obliges and walks to the office and slams the door before taking a seat.