🐺 Wolf - Part 2

This is a long one with some wolf pictures at the end 😁

So this chapter didn't end up being as dramatic as I intended... but in the end I just wanted it to focus on one day so this is what happened still from Ant's POV.....

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months and finally months turned into the longest year of my life. I had to learn how to live alone again and I hated it.

I didn't even know if he was safe, I didn't even know where he was. A few times I'd packed my bags, determined to go... but then I read his note and remembered his words. Humans aren't welcome in wolf-blood packs.

Most nights I just felt lonely without him, I curled up in bed and remembered his body against mine, his lips against my skin and the feeling of running my hands through his hair.

I had to teach myself not to think about him although I couldn't keep him from my dreams. His photograph was painted on my eyelids, I couldn't ignore him because he was always there... in everything I did. Not having him around started to hurt, it woke something deep inside of me that aches for him.

I went about my daily business, being the friendly village handy man, farming my fruit and veg and going out for a hunt every week.

It was just life and it was empty.

Steadily my pointless existence folded to the 25th of August, exactly a year since I'd gone out in the middle of the night to almost get my hand bitten off.

I was in my front garden, chopping up wood ready for winter, my arms ached as I swung the axe down heavily on through wood. I'd been at it for hours, I'd recently ditched my shirt as the fabric suffocated my skin. It was nearing sundown when I had made my way through half the pile and slammed the weapon into the stump, moving to wipe the sweat from my brow.

"Don't stop now it was just getting good."

I jumped suddenly, dropping the axe and turning around to see the last person I expect trespassing my property.

I blinked in disbelief and rubbed the sawdust from my eyes. My heart pounded against my chest and my throat went dry.

"D-Dec?"

I whispered and the small sandy-brown haired man smiled, blushing a little, "Hey Anth."

I went to step forward, I wanted to hug him, press my lips against his, hold him and never let go but his hand on my chest stopped me before I could try. I was so close to him, so close and yet so far. I whimpered, and breathed over his ear, my chest heaving in pants for attention.

"Later...." he whispered, his hand over my chest, "my family is here."

At that I pulled back, looking into his green forest eyes before looking around as a large pack of wolves stepped out from the tree line. I stepped away from Dec nervously but he held onto my hand to keep me close, the touch sending parks of lighting through my skin.

I stared straight into a large grey wolfs eyes and he growled at me, making Dec whisper lightly, "Keep your head down while they approach. They don't trust you cause you look human."

I did as I was told and dropped my gaze to the floor. The padding of paws turned into the footfalls of human feet and Dec nudged me to look up.