🧡 Mr Nice-eyes Pt 4

When it switches to Dec's POV please listen to 'Certain Things' by James Arthur featuring Chasing Grace it'll add atmosphere ❤️. It's also added above ^^

StrawberryBoi 's Fanart for this story and I am so in love with it. ❤️Once people have read this I'm moving the 4 chapters to a separate book with that as the cover 😍

GAHHHH ANT LOOKS SO HOT IN THAT UNIFORM!! 🤤🤤

Ant's POV

My heart was buzzing in my chest as I worked around the kitchen. Dec was upstairs freshening up and getting comfortable in the spare room while I was cooking up expensive Pie and cheesy mash cause something told me he was that kinda guy.

I really wanted this to go well, I wanted this thing with Declan to work. We'd only known each other for a short time but I felt like I'd known him my whole life. I'd never really been in any relationships since I got out of med-school, one or two had lasted longer than a one night stand but I was never invested in them like I was with him.

There was something so special in the way he moved, the way he looked at me. God I could stare into his beautiful Tenerife sea green eyes all day and die happy.

Almost desperately, I wanted to grow old with him, I wanted to hold him in my arms every night before we went to bed, I wanted to kiss him endlessly until he knew how much he meant to me, I wanted him to meet my Mam and sister, I wanted to take him on dates; caress his body and be there through his biggest highs and lows.

Maybe that was crazy but I had already fallen for him, whether he felt the same I couldn't tell but I'd try everything I could to show him that he was the one for me. That I already loved him.

When the food was ready, I wandered upstairs to find the smaller man, he was kinda late which was impressive considering we were in the same house. As I ascended the final step I became nervous, what if he had left? What If he had changed his mind and thought I was  a creep for moving so quickly?!

So maybe I listened to my thoughts and pushed through the door a little too urgently but the sight I saw had my heart rate slowly recovering back to normal.

"Decs? what are you doing baby?" I asked and he squeaked innocently and turned to look at me with guilty eyes his hands quickly moving from where they had been picking at his bandage.

He pouted and looked in the mirror. "I don't like it." He stropped and I arched an eyebrow, moving further into the room so I could watch as he tried to fix his hair around the white dressing.

"Well you need to cover the wound, Doctors orders." He frowned at me and sniffed.

"But I can't do my hair and I want to look good for our date."

"You look beautiful baby please don't worry about it."

He nodded and looked down at his lap sadly and I sighed. Moving to kneel next to him so he could look down into my eyes.

"Is it really bothering you that much?" I asked, stroking his thigh gently. He sniffed and nodded, his green eyes welling up a bit. I frowned and lifted my hand to bow his head and kiss it softly. "To me you'll always be perfect but I'll sort it for now, okay?"

I reached In my draw where I kept a mini first aid kit. Yes, maybe I was a little over prepared but I was a paramedic, I'd seen some of the strangest house hold accidents, so what did you expect?

Declan watched me intently as, with practiced ease, I pulled off his bandage and cleaned the wounded carefully, covering any exposed flesh with small pieces of surgical tape. It wasn't padded like it really should be at this stage in his recovery but he wasn't showing any delayed signs of serious concussion or swelling so I decided he'd be fine with simple wound support.