💚 Rescue III

I got a request for this and it reminded me I had written most of it. I'd forgotten how eager people were for this instalment so I'm sorry it took so long.

Gets a lil mature at the end but not explicit... Enjoy...

A long stretch of flat land laid out before me, I could see so far in the distance, past the green fields and villages dotted around, i could even just about make out tips of houses that made up the main town. Master Declan wouldn't let me go there, he said it was too busy and dangerous. I didn't complain, I had grown comfortable in his home. I'd experienced enough danger for a lifetime anyway.

I closed my eyes and with a deep reluctant sigh gave up fighting my mind as it drifted back to memories of before i became a slave. Back when I was free, when I didn't answer to anyone other than my Mam... other than maybe my little sisters at times. God did I miss them, It had always been my duty to protect them, i was supposed to be with them now, keeping them safe but one stupid mistake when I was 19 and now they could have been dead for all I knew.

Everytime that thought crossed my mind it was like a Boulder pressed down on my chest, not knowing if they were dead or alive, it was torture but I couldn't go look for them.... I couldn't go find them because the truth was... I didn't know how to survive in the new world. I didnt know how to do anything without a master. Without Dec. He'd been away on business for almost a month now, travelling through different the different zones and I was realising how dependant i was on him because of it.

Against my better judgement, I found myself missing him a lot and it was hard to sleep without him by my side. When he wasn't there, the nightmares came back.

"Ant! Ant where are you?!"

It was Stephen's job to look after me whilst Declan was away and i wasn't allowed out after dark. So as soon as the sun started to go down, he was there at the bottom of my tree shouting.

"Come on down Ant. It's time for bed."

"I know." I grunted, crawling along m my favourite branch and jumping to the ground right infront of Stephen's face.

"Dec's on the phone. Did you want to say goodnight?"

My eyes flickered to the phone, imagining the comfort I could get from just hearing his soft Geordie accent but I stubbornly put on a face of indifference.

Stephen sighed and held the phone back up to his ear, "Not tonight I'm afraid."

I started off straight towards the master bedroom which always felt far too big for just me. I walked ahead of Stephen but still listened into his conversation with Dec.

"No better."

...

"Well he's not being as destructive so that medicine the doctor prescribed must be working."

...

"I tried. He doesn't want to go outside the gates. Look I think you need to see for yourself."

My eyes rolled. Stephen thought there was something wrong with me even though I insisted I was fine. He thought it was trauma related whilst I'm pretty sure Dec thought it was to do with why he kept taking me to a his doctors before he left.

"Ant. Declan says you have to speak with him."

"No I don't." I grumbled, sitting onto the bed with my arms folded, "I'll speak to him when he gets here."

Stephen sighed and pulled the phone back to his ear, "Did you get that?"

...

The taller man looked at me, "Declan says he'll cancel your sausage roll order from the bakery."