💜 The Driver III

Don't know why dec wears his sunglasses like this but damn does he pull it off ^^

Big up AnDrmyOTP who has had to listen to my constant complaining about this fic for the past week 😂 it's finally here though, no smut I'm afraid but it's angsty and fluffy so enjoy 💙

The rest of our time together was spent in silence. My lack of focus made the drive back to his home dangerous. I was never fully present, my mind remained floating up in space. Thinking about how I'd knelt for him and he'd mocked me for it. Thinking about how he kissed me.

I knew of course this could mean nothing. It could have just been the heat of the moment. But then this was the second time his lips had been on my skin. There must've been meaning behind the small glimpse's of affection he gave me. Or perhaps that was just me hoping.

Once I had parked up, the shutting off of the engine pushed us into an almost deafening silence. The roads were all dead this late at night, so the only sound to keep me company was the steady tick of his watch.

As I'd come accustom too, my eyes watched him through the rear view mirror. He was framed neatly as always, but his youthful features held a pensive expression that aged him twice over.

I knew I should have been professional, i should have ignored my selfish desires and just got out of the car to help him - as was my job to. But I couldn't move and I couldn't spend another sleepless night wondering what the fuck was going on.

"What now, sir?" I asked, my voice rough from the anxiety.

He remained emotionless and tense despite the assault i'd just made on his peace and quiet, however, his irritation did shine through in the silent side eye he shot towards my mirror. I knew his irritation came from my rushing him for answers. I hung my head.

"I really do love my family Anthony."

"Im not asking you to give that up. I'm asking you to escape him. For your own sake not mine."

He paused as though shocked by my response but his expression morphed into a deep frown. "Henry would take custody Ant. So when you tell me to run away that's exactly what you're asking. Timothy is my everything. His happiness comes first."

"How can he be happy when you're never home?"

His anger was terrifying, bubbling inside his small person with the threat to explode in my face. But I wouldn't take it back I meant what I said. This wasn't about me anymore. This was about him gaining autonomy over his own life. This was about his happiness. Just like Dec cared for Timmy, I cared for Dec. So I refused to even falter as he growled back to me, "you don't know what you're talking about."

"I see my self in Timmy. I see the same look i saw in the mirror everyday waiting for my dad to come home. He thinks it's his fault."

"You're way out of line."

A defeated sigh escaped me, it was tiring fighting against him on this, because every time he argued I could hear Henry in it. My patience was withering considerably, I was exhausted from a day and night spent stood outside his office with less rest than a guard dog.

"That doesn't mean I'm wrong. Custody battles can be won by a man with your fortune and reputation. He's tricked you into believing you have no way out and you've been with him so long you can't see the lie yourself anymore but he's ruining your life Mr Donnelly and you deserve a fuck tonne better."

I had nothing more to add. I went to open his door. Anything else I could say would just be stating what he already knew deep down so I climbed from the car and opened his door, it felt as though our short moment of intimacy was no longer important, we had bigger things to over come.