🧡 Anthony

Fluffy fiction Alert!!

I had this saved in my drafts for ages. I honestly can't remember where I got the inspiration but I think it was from a story or movie somewhere. I've come back to it multiple times over the past 1 or 2 years and somehow I finished it today 🥳

If it was an AaD fanfiction i got the inspiration from do tell me so I can give credit where it's due. Thanks 🥰

Also I'm sorry if the names get confusing 😅

Tw. Mentions of POW & Torture.

"Are you sure you're ready for this sir? It's a little soon isn't it?"

"I'll be fine Stevie." Ant grunted as he lifted out of his wheel chair with heavy support from his cane, "I have Hurley, he'll keep me sane." 

"I know Captain but... it's only been 2 months since we found you... and you haven't been in the uk in 4 years... d-don't you think you should take more time to rest? To settle into your environment just like the doctors said."

"I didn't escape from that prison just to be locked in another one. I know it'll be tough... and I'm scared shitless. But I don't want to waste anymore time." Staring into the mirror at his own, pale, malnourished reflection looking back at him, Ant just crunched his brow in determination and brushed a hand through his newly cut black hair, "I want to find Declan."

Stevie stiffened and regarded his old captain carefully, "You told us not to tell him..."

"I know... he won't know I'm there. I just want to see him."

Regarding his captain carefully, Stephen decided he had no right to dictate what Anthony did- that would make him just as bad as the man's captures. The dark haired man was finally free, after all this time as a prisoner of war he was back home, he should be allowed to enjoy making his own choices. Even if they were brash and ill thought through.

Stephen had been there when Declan had gotten the news. He'd been devastated. His husband was missing in action and it took a lot of time and tears for the geordie to accept that he'd never see his soulmate again. He'd grieved and Stevie had watched over him from a distance. Kept tabs on him and unbeknownst to the smaller man, helped when he needed it. Stevie had been Ants best friend, he was a constant reminder of what Dec had lost. He respected Dec's wishes to disappear so he could move on but never left him to fend for himself.

"Fine. I know where he'll be tomorrow. But for today I want you to get settled at the house alright? You're too weak for so much excitement."

"God even my mother isn't such a worry wart."

Stephen laughed and followed Ant's slow limp out towards the discharge desk, "If you stayed out of trouble I wouldn't have to worry about you so much."

"If I stayed out of trouble you'd have nothing to do."

"Uhm i have a life you know?"

"I'll believe that when I see it."

»»»»»»»»»»

"How do I look?"

"Like Ant."

"What about now?"

"Like Ant with a hat."

"For fuck sake Stephen." The Captain growled, chucking his cap towards the Sargent. Thinking it was a game, Hurley, Ants chocolate lab, excitedly jumped up to catch the hat his mouth before it reached the other man and proceeded to take it straight back to his human with a wag of his tail.