💙 Primadonna II [M]

Dec's POV

Men were stupid.

Just one little slice to their fragile masculinity and you were in control.

I'd struggled the first time I'd met him, McPartlin was a tough nut to crack. To be honest the guy didn't have a bad feature to him in my eyes, he was fucking perfect and he'd known it. So picking out his flaws was virtually impossible but that didn't mean I couldn't tell him off.

It was like telling off a new puppy for the first time, all confidence was wiped and he was completely deflated, not sure if he'd ever feel loved again.

I managed to get through the photo shoot, rolling stone always dressed me up like a hooker and told me to breath in and look skinny. Push my ass out to look sexy. Pout to look innocent. It made me sick. I couldn't count on two hands the amount of times that photographer groped my ass during the 3 hour shoot and trust McPartlin to be somewhere else while all that was going on. Managers always had selective attention spans. They only saw what they wanted to see. The new guy was no different.

I couldn't wait to get in my dressing room and scrub off the mounds of make up stuck to my face. Much to my irritation, handsome followed me into my dressing room and closed the door behind him, sitting down on my sofa and typing away at his computer.

"Can't you do that somewhere else?" I griped in annoyance.

"I'd much rather keep an eye on you."

"What, you think I'm going to run feral as soon as you look the other way?"

The bastard didn't even look up from his computer. "I think you plan on escaping. There's an all-day party going on 5 blocks from here and it's one of your top 3 favourite places to publicly embarrass yourself. So yes. I am currently holding you hostage."

"Sounds like foreplay if ever I heard it."

I heard the taller man snort quietly, "in your dreams."

I narrowed my eyes and shot my manager a glare.

"What's in my schedule today?"

I wanted to watch him fumble around with his file but Anthony knew it all off by heart, "In 53 minutes, you have a production meeting about the pilot episode you're doing."

"Cancel that."

He finally looked at me.

"Canc- What?! I can't cancel a meeting run by other people Declan."

"No I mean cancel the show. I don't fancy it anymore."

"What the hell??! Why?"

I rolled my eyes and spun to look at the taller man, "because I don't fancy it. Cancel it. It's not worth my time anyway."

"You can't be serious? I'm not just cancelling an acting role here, you're the producer. You'll be putting a stop to lots of peoples plans. Some will lose their jobs! Would have turned down other work opportunities to work with you!"

"So what? Are you going to force me to do it?"

"It's crossed my mind."

I scoffed, "Like to see you try."

The taller man's eyes darkened for a moment but suddenly he was looking back down at his screen.

"I'm not cancelling anything. If you don't want to do it then you look into those people's eyes and tell them that they won't be getting the income they need to feed their families this Christmas."

He said it so nonchalantly but it made my stomach drop at the thought. I'd come from a big lower class family, and there were times when we'd go hungry because of the struggle to make ends meet. I didn't want to inflict that on any other child.