↘Chapter 34↙

The sound of the alarm woke me up from a dazed dream, well a memory I should say.
I pushed my hair back behind my eat as I sat up from bed.
The sounds of the city in which I reside in now filled the apartment.
The last few years have been a hell ride and back...twice.
After that night with Hayes, I regret so much that I could've saved for myself.
Yall might know me as the little rebel sissy of the once famous, Matthew Espinosa; well things have changed. Alot has changed I guess you could say.
I've made countless and priceless memories with the boys and my boy, but we grew up. And what comes with age, comes new problems.
That night with Hayes was something else and something that I will never forget.
Call me an asshole or a bitch but, I didn't know how to be in a relationship. I was young and reckless, sometimes you try new things or go back to old ways and it just doesnt work out in the end. I tried countless times to call Hayes after he left for a week after that night. No phone calls or returned messages.
He was simply a ghost now.
He came back, but only to retrieve his belongings and left without saying a word. I didn't mind at all.
After he left, everything was numb.
Matthew lost contact with the Griers, it seems like everyone did.
Something was just odd with them after that day, they seemed sad yet tried to make the best of the best memories of us. I tried to contact his mom, but she wouldnt answer her phone either. I cried for days upon days and Matthew was furious and confused as to why they just up and left. I mean hell, all of us were.
No emails to Bart, no nothing from any of them.
It's like they just vanished.
After they seemed to have disappeared, I graduated early, got a job at a mediocre coffee shop, saved up for three years and left home. Home is now located in a quiet town, Whispering Hills. It's quiet, everyone knows everyone, and it seems to have lots of stoners and granola vibes. I've grown up alot in these last three years but all I gotta say is, I still know how to fucking party like there is no tomorrow baby. What? Okay let me have my rockstar moment. Okay anywhooo back to the melancholy.

The smell of coffee and marijuana filled my head. And this is where my day starts, a cup of coffee and a nice joint. I've made some new friends, Jacs and Squirt.
Jacs is a few years older than me actually, he found me while I was sleeping in my old Mercedes in a thunderstorm and invited me to his place. A safe place, he likes to call it, "Wonderworldz". And as you guessed it, they're are indeed both potheads coming from religious families and have been kicked out. Jacs had this place before he got kicked out though, he was friends with the landlord but he suffered a 'natural' death and his dying words were, "take the place Jac, and live freely." So Jacs took this place into his hands and well, here we are now.
Now Squirt. Squirt is quite the trouble maker, kinda like me when I was her age. Gets into all kinds of shenanigans with her friends, but she's as smart as whip. With her SAT score, she couldve gone to Harvard or even Princeton, hell she could have gone anywhere, but nope, no clean records and they wouldn't take her. Her parents were overseas during her years of highschool and didnt know what she was doing. She comes from a, what I like to call, Comfortable Family. She grew up comfy but never boasted about it, instead she tried to make it seem like she didn't know that lifestyle.
Once her parents were back from Tokyo, Squirt had raised all sorts of hell and that's when she found the good ol' Mary Jane. Sparked up in her room and dad walked in.
Called her a disgrace to their family name and was asked to leave. She lost all ties to her family.
But now she has us.
I smiled as I heard her giggle coming from the kitchen, "did you know that Male bees lose their stinger and die when they have sexual intercourse, so that means whenever you see a Male bee, he's a VIRGIN!"
"Oh my- where do you even find out about these things kid, jesus," I heard Jac say with a light chuckle at the end.
"Mm, try the internet bud, it has tons of resources, ya boomer," Squirt replied.
I lived for mornings like these..
Nothing really happens except,

-Wake up

-Eat breaky or whatever leftovers we had from last night

-go to work for at least 6 hours

-come back,

- smoke for 2 hours,

- have a little fun

-and if there is a party, you best be knowing that the rioters are gonna be there;)

*approximately 9 hours later*
I am zooted off my mind right now and cannot think straight teehee..could I think gay? Oh my doy, I'm high.
Going to a party, was fun except when you cant stand and walk to go empty your bladder. I started to stand up but quickly fell down but I felt a pair of hands on my waist and arm,
"Woah there, you good?"
I nodded my head and said underneath my breath, "bathroom, pee now,"
"Okay, okay I gotchya," said the unknown male.
Once I reached the bathroom, I did my business and splashed my face with cold water to try to sober up a bit.
I did this 5 or 8 times until I felt more sober.
Sober enough to walk back out.
"You good now? Or do you need me to walk you back?"
"I'm fine dude, thanks"

I just didnt know the party was gonna be at " Le Wonderworldz". I layed back on down on the couch. And ate some food, or whatever was left of the pretzels and chips on the coffee table.
After feeling content with the amount of snacks I ate, ya boi walked herself into her room and passed out.
But before I fell asleep, I hit my nightstand with my hip and a box fell..
A tiny one..

One that held it..the thing I spent hours looking at..

My keepsake box.

The tiny black matte cardboard box fell open and on my floor, sprawled out were pictures, memories, Hayes..
I sat down reminiscing the old times.
As I started putting things away, I saw the necklace, the one with Hayes and Is' initials..
Forever huh?
Forever my ass..

I threw the silver jewelry back into the box along with other pics and went to bed..

Maybe I'll wear it in hopes of us rekindling again.

No that's stupid..

Is it though..
Idk

I opened the stupid little box and searched through the stupid stuff and got the stupid little piece of sentimental jewelry and put it on.

How fricking

Idiotic...
But hey..
These are your memories Ronnie,
Remember how you want to, but he did love you..

Maybe that's all there was to this whole thing
Just Memories..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.I still cant believe yall still read this book, I mean..maybe there could be a sequel or prequel to this book..maybe itll be a series..
Who knows lmao
But..
Hi
I'm back
Babies:))