Chapter Sixty-Eight: Go to Hell

•sixty-eight•

Beatrix

When I wake up, I immediately open my eyes to see Daryl laying beside of me. I look down to my left hand to see the two rings still on my finger. It was real. I didn't dream it, I think to myself.

"Good morning, sunshine," I smile as Daryl's eyes open, meeting mine.

"Morning," he grumbles, leaning over to kiss me.

"Daryl, I truly cannot believe that this is real," I sigh, snuggling my head into his chest.

"Me either," he responds as I take his hand, rubbing my thumb over his ring. "Just wish we could have a honeymoon."

"You and me both," I laugh, forcing myself to sit up. "Wouldn't Fiji be nice? Or maybe Cancun."

"I was thinking, maybe like, Atlanta," he smirks at me.

"Daryl, our honeymoon would have been so much more than Atlanta. Definitely out of the United States." My mind starts to wander, thinking about all of the things that would be possible if this damn apocalypse hadn't gotten in the way. "We'd get you a passport for sure."

"I ain't ever been out of Georgia before," Daryl says. "Out of the US would be nice."

"I'll have to take you out of Georgia one of these days, then," I lean down to kiss him on the forehead before standing up to put on my clothes for the day. I look between my scrubs and jeans, finally deciding on scrubs. I think I deserve a normal day.

"I have to go with Rick today," Daryl stands up as well, grabbing a set of his clothes from the dresser. "We're talking to Tyreese about who killed Karen and David."

"Okay," I look down to my bite mark. "Lucas, Beth, and I will be trying to figure out this mystery all day."

"I'll see you later tonight, then," Daryl kisses me softly before leaving the cell.

I follow not long after, stopping by Beth's cell to bring her with me.

"I have something for you," she smiles as soon as she sees me.

"A wedding present?" I smile, hopeful.

"Actually, yes," she grins, handing over a small stack of what look like... pictures?

"Oh, my goodness, Beth!" I exclaim as I look through the polaroids in my hand. The first one is a picture of Daryl on one knee in front of me, followed by a picture of me walking down the aisle, with Daryl's face very visible in the background, and lastly a picture of us kissing from the wedding. "How did you do this?"

"I borrowed Glenn's camera," she gives me a hug.

"Truly, thank you so much," I beam, dropping the three small pictures into my pocket.

"You're welcome," she says as she pulls away from me. "Now, come on, let's go figure out what the hell's going on with you."

"I brought all of my records," I walk into the medical room, sitting my bag down on the table in the middle of the room. "I have copies of everyone's bloodwork, my notes on everyone, and, of course, my journals. I have two different ones: the one where I write all of my doctor stuff and the one where I write all of my personal stuff. I'm sure between the two sets we can find something that I did to Shane that I happened to also do to myself, but that I didn't do to T-dog."

"Good morning to you, too," Lucas rolls his eyes at me, jokingly, He pulls out a tray of test tubes and sits them on the table as well. "First we need go get you hooked back up on saline."