Chapter Eighty-One: Deanna

•eighty-one•

Beatrix

My head pounds as I push myself to sit up. My mind flashes back to before I passed out, and I frown at myself. I shouldn't have done that.

"I'm glad to see your awake," Aaron's voice causes me to look in his direction, seeing that he's not far away from me at all. "Are you all right, Beatrix? You weren't doing very well last night. I saw you bleeding, and I heard you screaming. Is everything okay?"

"I'm fine," I mutter after a moment. I thought about telling him to fuck off, but I'm really not that kind of person. "I'll be fine."

"That's good," Aaron gives me a soft smile. I want so bad to believe him, but I just can't. I can't open myself up to hurt like that again. "They went to get the cars ready. They're going back to my community with me tonight."

"Rick agreed to that?" I raise my eyebrow, skeptical both of what he's telling me and of the fact that the whole group managed to leave me alone in here with him.

"Everyone else kind of forced him to," he answers when Daryl comes through the barn doors.

"Trixy, you all right? This asshole touch you?" He says, immediately angry and by my side, helping me stand up.

"No, just talking," I answer, trying to calm him down. "I over exerted myself earlier. I shouldn't have gotten all riled up like that so soon after. I'm sorry."

"It's all right, as long as you're fine," he looks me up and down to make sure nothing seems out of place with me. "We got food. You need to eat."

"Where'd you get food?" I ask, looking to where Daryl points at the mounds of canned food on the table, my eyes widening.

"Had it in his RV," he nods his head towards Aaron before picking up a can. "You like spaghetti o's?"

"Oh, I love spaghetti o's," I smile, taking the can and spoon from him. My mouth is full before I speak again. "They taste better than I remember. And much better than dog."

The rest of the group trickles in and out of the barn until nightfall, checking in on me and going back out on watch or to pack the vehicles. Apparently Rick had only agreed to go to this community at night and only on the road opposite of what Aaron had said. It was a good move for protecting us, but if what Aaron says about the road is true, it might have been a huge mistake.

When nightfall came, I was put onto the RV with most of the group, while Rick, Glenn, Michonne and Aaron took the car. They lead the way, headed towards this magical community we were promised.

"Hey, Bea, you can go lay down in the bed if you want," Maggie comes up, letting her hand rest on my shoulder.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you, though," I give her a soft smile. I am fine. I will be fine. It was just a miscarriage. People have them all the time, and they live. They're just fine.

We get about an hour into the ride before things go sideways, as they always do. Abraham slams on the breaks, throwing me out of my seat and into the floor. I groan at the impact, because shit it hurts.

"What the fuck was that for?" Merle yells, picking himself up off of the floor as well.

"A whole lot of undead pricks taking up residence in the middle of the road," Abraham yells back. "Rick's car went on. We'll have to double back and meet them on the other side."

The RV backs up as Daryl helps me off the floor. He looks concerned, but when I glare at him he knows to drop the look. He knows I will be okay. He has to.