Chapter One Hundred and Nine: The Saviors

•one hundred and nine•

Beatrix

The sound that fills my ears is almost deafening, causing them to ring loudly. When I don't feel any pain, I slowly open my eyes to see that the bullets Eugene had made were duds. They backfired on Negan's men, causing their guns to explode in their hands. Bodies drop to the ground as all of us look at each other in surprise.

"Now!" Rick yells, calling us to battle.

Our people run forward, rushing up while we have the chance. When I reach the top of the hill, I almost can't believe my eyes. Dozens of Negan's men lay dead on the ground, missing parts of their hands and faces from the explosions. The ones that run towards us get shot, and I don't even feel bad about it. Not for a second.

"He's running!" Maggie yells, pointing to Negan fleeing in the distance.

"Oh, hell no," I mutter, rushing forward after him.

Adrenaline fuels me, pushing me to go faster and faster until a body knocks into mine, sending me flying to the ground. I groan, rolling over to my back. I landed on my stomach, and it causes pain to shoot all over my body. For a split second I worry about the twins before I have to push the thought out of my mind. All I can focus on right now is the knife pointed down at me.

"Not her. You can't kill her," Arat, Negan's right hand woman calls, causing the man above me to pause, just for a few seconds.

A few seconds is all I need, though. I use my adrenaline to my advantage, pushing my body up as I use all of my force to ram my elbow right into the guy's dick. He screams, falling to the ground, and I smile for a moment before Arat charges at me. Before she can reach me, an arrow pierces her head, and she falls to the ground. I flash a smile up at Daryl, and he nods back as I stand up and waste no time stabbing my IV pole into the man's chest.

As soon as the two of them are dead, I focus my attention back on where Negan was running to. I don't even wait on Daryl as I take off in a run after him. A few yards away, I spot him and Rick brawling under a tree.

"Rick!" I scream in horror as Negan raises his bat to him.

My legs can't carry me fast enough. I push myself as hard as I can, and I still don't get there in time. As Negan starts to bring down his bat, Rick moves quickly, and I see blood start to pour out of the middle of Negan's neck. My body starts to slow down, stopping right beside of Rick as Negan falls to the ground, his body going limp.

Relief washes over me as I see him laying there, blood oozing out of his neck. I take a moment to soak it in, knowing that he's going to be gone from this world in a few short moments, before I pull myself back to reality, looking around to see everyone, my people and Saviors alike, staring at us.

"Save him," Rick looks at me, motioning to the man laying on the ground, and I look at him like he has ten heads.

"What? No," I shake my head vigorously, stepping back away from the two of them. "Fuck no, Rick. He deserves to die. I'm not saving him. I can't. I won't."

"Saddiq," Rick motions for him to come, and Saddiq listens, rushing forward to Negan. I try to stop him, to push myself in between them, but Rick holds me back.

"No! No! He killed Glenn! We have to make this right," Maggie screams as Michonne holds her back, her voice cracking as she starts to cry. "It isn't over until he's dead!"

"Rick, he's taken everything from us!" I start to scream, too, not even realizing that I had started crying. "He's taken everything. Let him die."

I feel Daryl's arms wrap around me, pulling me back away from Rick. How could he possibly be okay with this? He can't be. There's no way he would agree with letting Negan live. For fuck's sake, he didn't even want Dwight to live!