Chapter Sixty-Three: Zanamivir

•sixty-three•

Beatrix

The next morning when I wake, I wake up to screaming, yet again. At this point, I honestly shouldn't be surprised, but I am anyway. Lucas and I seem to have woken up at the same time, as we both walk out of our cells to look at each other in confusion.

"Dude, what the hell?" I say, looking behind him to see the blood streaked on the ground.

"What? I didn't do anything?" Lucas looked at me like I was crazy for wondering if he did something.

"Damn, I was just wondering," I mutter as a quickly pick up my sword from the room. "Let's go see what's going on."

"You're crazy," Lucas shakes his head at me. "Someone could have killed these people."

"Yeah?" I raise an eyebrow. "Then I will kill them."

Lucas finally shuts his mouth long enough for us to follow the blood on the floor. Walking past their cells, I only get more concerned when I see that neither Karen or David are in their beds and the blood streaks seem to originate in there. We follow the blood to an open door. I hold out my katana as I peek out the door, gasping in horror at the sight in front of us.

Tyreese barely looks up at us before letting out another yell of frustration. In front of him laid Karen and David's lifeless bodies, still smoking from where somebody had set them on fire. Tyreese drops the bouquet of flowers he had in his hand before standing up and lunging at Lucas and I. Unfortunately, I get the most of his wrath as he pins me up against the nearest wall, his hand wrapped around my neck.

"Dude, get off of her!" Lucas yells. Thank you, Lucas. I'm sure he's willing to listen.

"You kill them?" Tyreese screams into my face, tightening his chirp on my neck.

"No, Tyreese. I wanted to help them," I'm barely able to choke the words out as he stares me down, way too close to my face. Lucas pulls on his shoulders trying to get him off of me, but it's no surprise that he isn't near as strong as Tyreese.

"What the hell?" Rick yells as he runs out of the prison to see what was going on, Daryl and Merle following close behind him.

"Get the fuck off of her!" Daryl yells, grabbing Tyreese, and with the help of Merle, throwing him onto the ground. From what I can see, it looks like it's taking everything in Daryl to not absolutely kill Tyreese, and I'm thankful he's controlling himself.

"Somebody tell me what the hell happened," Rick demands, crossing his arms as he looks between me, Lucas, Tyreese, and the two burnt bodies.

"I have no idea," I shake my head, lightly rubbing my neck to try and ease off the pain. "Lucas and I woke up to Tyreese screaming and followed the blood trail out here."

"So you just found them like this?" Rick looks directly to Tyreese this time, probably putting the pieces together that he didn't have anything to do with this mess.

"I came to see Karen," Tyreese pauses, taking several deep breaths as he looks around at the small circle formed around him. "And I followed the blood. Then I smelled them. What the hell did you two do to them?"

"We didn't do anything," Lucas and I look at each other, speaking at the same time.

"Then you let it go on?" Tyreese took a step closer to us, causing me to take a big step back. I do not want to be in the path of his rage again. "There's no way in hell you didn't hear somebody drag them out here and then set them on fire. There's no way you didn't smell it."

"No, Tyreese," I shake my head at him, trying to diffuse the situation. "I would have never let anything happen to them. Neither would Lucas. And the smell doesn't bother us. We're used to the smell of burning flesh."