Chapter Sixty-Seven: Welcome to the Family

Start from the beginning

"I can't," I shake my head, moving my left hand in front of my face. I can't get over the ring–it is beautiful. "Daryl, this ring is gorgeous."

"I'm glad you like it," he pulls my hand up to place a kiss on it. "And no pressure or anything, but we're getting married."

"I know, Daryl," I roll my eyes at him. Obviously, dummy, you just proposed.

"No, like right now," he smirks when I give him a puzzled look. He whistles, looking at the door.

"Oh, my god," I gasp as Maggie and Beth walk in, carrying a full ass wedding gown. "This isn't real. No way. No fucking way is this real. Are we sure I didn't die?"

"No, sweetheart, it's real," Daryl tries to hide his grin, but I know it's there. He seems so pleased with himself. My heart is so full.

"You were in on this?" I look at Beth. "Well, that explains how weird you acted today."

"Oopsie," she shrugs, a huge smile still plastered on her face.

"Daryl, you did all this?" I turn back to him, taking both of his hands in mine.

"They helped," he nodded to Beth and Maggie. "I gotta go get ready. I'll see you soon."

With a kiss to my forehead, Daryl is gone. It's almost like I'm in shock. I truly cannot believe that he did all of this for me. I don't even know what to expect when he says we're getting married "like right now."

"Okay, come on, Bea. We don't have all day!" Maggie exclaims, holding up a pouch while Beth holds the dress. "Time for makeup."

"Makeup?" I question. "Gosh, I haven't worn makeup since, well, I don't even know when."

"Well you're wearing it today," Maggie says, pulling my arm to sit me down in one of the chairs in the room. "Beth, please do something with her hair. Bea, I know today was the first time you showered in days, but your hair is awful. We can't let you get married like that."

//////////

Maybe an hour later, Maggie decides she's done with me. I look into one of the compact mirrors from the pouch and gasp. I don't even look like the same person. Maggie did my makeup flawlessly, and Beth worked magic on my hair. Instead of its usual, natural, frizzy state, it's up in some kind of intricate braid updo that I doubt I could ever replicate.

"Thank you two so much," I look between both of them as Beth unhooks my IV from its port before helping me into my dress. It's perfect white, almost too perfect for the apocalypse, with a Cinderella-esque bottom and a white flowery top. The straps are thin and show off my tattoos, which makes me love it even more. "It's beautiful. Where did this even come from?"

"Daryl took me on a run," Beth smiles at me while Maggie zips up the back. "I helped him pick it out. Oh, and the veil!"

"There's a veil?" I raise my eyebrow at them.

"Yes, and a garter and a bouquet," Maggie pulls out a garter, helping me slip it on my thigh as Beth sticks a clip in my hair, letting the veil flow to cover my face.

"Well, you're my bridesmaids, right?" I look to Beth. "You'll be my maid of honor?"

"Of course!" She beams, and I should have already noticed that their hair was done and they had dresses on, pretty pink dresses.

"Slip on your shoes, and let's go," Maggie hurries me. "Everyone is waiting."

"Everyone?" My eyes widen, but I follow them anyway, a bit wobbly since I haven't worn heels in years.

"You look so beautiful," Baxly says as soon as we make it to Cell Block D. Is he crying?

"Damn he really thought of everything," I say, amazed at the lengths Daryl went to for this. Baxly is wearing a whole ass suit, so I can only assume that Daryl is too.