Jeongguk snaps out of his trance and looks away suddenly. "Sorry."

"Why are you being so awkward?" I laugh as if I'm not feeling the same way.

"You really wanna know?" He asks, looking up at me again and shifting uncomfortably on the couch.

I hum.

"I'm trying my goddamn hardest to control the beast right now," he squeezes his eyes shut.

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"I mean," he stands up, walking towards me. "I want to pounce on you and drag you into your bedroom so I can fuck you hard and rough, leaving you screaming my name."

I gulp and take a step back as he approaches me.

"Don't worry. I'll contain myself," he turns back around and sits on the couch.

He keeps his eyes on his lap. It's almost humorous, the way he's acting. It seems childish, but I can sense the obvious seriousness behind it all. He is very serious about trying his hardest to stay away from me.

Do I want that? What do I want?

I should probably just leave.

Of course, that's not what happens.

"Don't you think all of this is just...weird?" I speak, cutting through the silence.

He looks up at me, a questioning look on his face. "What do you mean?"

"You, me, Drew, Yeonjun, Jimin, Soobin, Sabine," I list off names. Names of people that have been a part of this last year. "Everything that has happened this year has been absolutely insane."

Jeongguk laughs. "I'm used to it by now."

"You forget I was in a mafia, too. I'm used to weird stuff, too. But this is different," I explain, running my fingers through my hair. "I thought I left all of that behind. I wanted to create a semi-normal life for Yeonjun and I. But you had to show up and then Jimin had to try to kill Soobin and Yeonjun and now this stupid memories thing. I'm just so confused," I groan. "I mean, I have an idea of some of the "missing memories" I need to remember because I "dreamed" them before I left Korea."

Jeongguk looks at me. "How is it that you know more than the rest of us. I don't remember a lick of what I should remember. I had broken dreams, too. I heard screams and crying, like echoes in my mind, but most of those dreams were black. Just sounds. You," he points at me, lost in thought. "You remember almost everything."

"I don't remember jack-squat. Yes, maybe I saw more than you did in my dreams, but every time I would have the dreams, they would change. There was always something different each time I dreamed."

Jeongguk jumps up in surprise. "Maybe that's what Sabine was talking about. Maybe he did it wrong for you and your memories are slowly returning."

I shake my head. "Why would he do that? He drugged us all at the same time. He would have had to choose to drug me incorrectly."

He blinks. "First of all, how do you know we all got drugged at the same time?"

I shrug. "It was in the memory I had when I collapsed today."

He nods. "Second, let's assume he did choose to drug you the wrong way. There are two possibilities. He was trying to kill you or he wanted you to remember."

"Well, he didn't want to kill me because he wanted me to 'rule with him'," I tell him without even thinking. My eyes suddenly go wide. "That means he wanted me to remember. Why?"