✰ chapter 36 ✰

song for the chapter- crzy by kehlani

deja's pov

the day after break i walked into school and did the same thing i did everyday, went to my locker to go see alejandro. today was different. for whatever reason when i got to my locker naomi was standing uncomfortably close to alejandro who was noticeably not having a good time. she didn't seem to care though, anything to spite me was her motto i guess. i walked over and gave him a huge a quick kiss.

i looked over at naomi as if i didn't notice she was there before, "oh hey. how was the rest of your break? haven't really talked to you since the night at alivia's." her face turned red. naomi was at a loss for words. my dad always told me to 'kill em with kindness' so that's exactly what i was going to do. no matter how much naomi did to hurt me i was going to go out of my way to be overly nice to her. this way it really does prove that i've never done a thing to the girl. she told me her break was good and walked away embarrassed to go find her other friends.

ale complimented how well i handled the situation. i laughed, "if i gotta be a bitch i'm gonna be a bad one." we walked over to our usual spot, two comfy chairs in the library where we could chill out and talk before class. he told me that he had confirmed his position at steward academy and that he would be starting this session on june 24. i was unbelievably proud of him. the warning bell signaling there was little time left before class started interrupted our conversation and we started walking to our first period class together.

we sat down in our assigned seats and waited for class to begin. he went to sit down next to mattia and i sat next to chloe. mattia and him were holding a solid conversation and he didn't even sneak a glance over my way once. i was a little hurt i can't lie.

attention from mattia was definitely a guilty pleasure of mine and i'd never say that out loud. he just wasn't giving me any anymore. oh well. i talked to chloe about my break and how i was even more excited for the next one because i was going to LA with my family. i let her in on another little secret, we were surprising ella and taking her with us because she's never been to cali before. chloe smiled and said how good of an idea that was.

chloe was the absolute sweetest and she'd do anything for anybody. i loved her for that so much. chloe and i grew apart for awhile because she was in a super toxic relationship. he felt he should have full control over her and she was too in love to leave. eventually, she made her way out of that but was extremely depressed after. it's been amazing to see her progress through all of that. i was so proud of her and becoming close friends with her again has been amazing.

first period always went fast because it was history and wasn't a super difficult class. the bell rang and i made my way to math. i struggled through that class, trying to stay as focused as i could. over the next few hours i went through the rest of my schedule.

physics, gym with alivia and a'maree, lunch finally, english, art, and finally my study hall at the end of the day. i sat where i always sat in the library. mattia sat where he always sits as well. he still wouldn't even look over here. weird. he looked really content with life too. also weird. i mean even though i wasn't getting the extra attention i always fein for for whatever reason i guess i was happy he seemed to be doing good. we hadn't talked much since he went on his miserable date with naomi. maybe he was finally trying to move on from me. that really did hurt my feelings because i still felt so much for that boy. but, if he's happy, i'm happy too. especially because me and alejandro were doing really good right now.

everyone's life was pretty okay right. kairi and ella were going strong, as were gabi and liv. alejandro and i were happier than we've been in awhile and mattia seems to be less miserable. i think we all did deserve this. none of us had a great past couple months so maybe this was payback from the universe to finally make things right again. hey, thanks universe.

all is right in new jersey for now :) comment n vote babies!! keep reading because after all the fillers things will definitely get more interesting. i have a lot planned. tysm for every ounce of support.