✰ chapter 34 ✰

song for chapter 34- successful by drake ft trey songz

alejandro's pov a letter came in the mail today that terrified me

alejandro's pov

a letter came in the mail today that terrified me. it read:
Alejandro D. Rosario,
As you know you've been selected to join us in the summer at our exclusive camp for young and talented soccer players. Today marks 5 months before you need to travel to Jersey City to begin training with us. This letter is just a reminder that by the 3 month mark you are required to give us a definite decision about your attendance. We hope to see you on June 24, 2020 Alejandro!
Regards,
Joshua Steward
Head of Steward Academy of Fútbol

this didn't feel real until now. this is really happening, my dreams are coming true. but something still felt wrong. the idea of leaving my home and deja and everything for only just a month wasn't in my comfort zone. i just wanted to be successful but staying home has always gotten in the way of that. i've always been an introvert. i love my space, being alone sometimes, or choosing exactly who i want to spend my time with. for basically the whole month of july and the end of june that's all about to change.

i had to be with boys i've never met, most of them not even being from passaic valley or new jersey at all. a lot can change in a month and i was terrified of what could possibly happen while i was away. but, right now i had to think for myself for once. i was the only one that mattered right now. if i wanted to get a good scholarship for soccer so i can take care of my family someday and give deja everything she deserves this was the first big step.

the steward academy would look incredible on my application especially if they could call coach steward and he can fill them in on how good i did during my time there. i picked up my phone and called the number that told me i got accepted. a secretary answered and i asked to speak to mr steward.

"hello?" i was so nervous. "hi mr steward this is alejandro rosario and i'm just calling to confirm and secure my spot in the academy in june." i sighed.

a weight felt like it was being lifted off my shoulders. he explained how he's heard a lot about me from the coaches at my club team and school. that made me feel much more confident. he said that it was a pleasure to have me joining them and he couldn't wait to see me. i thanked him and said i'd see him soon, he said goodbye and hung up the phone.

Messages

alejandro rosario
just confirmed my spot at camp

DEJA NOELLE 🌎💕
omggg
so proud
i love you ale

alejandro rosario
thank you!! i love you too dej :)

i went upstairs and told my mom and brother about the call. they squeezed me into a group hug. "i love you guys so much." my mom hugged me even tighter, "i love you too mijo. i've never been more proud of you in my entire life. thank you for being such a good example to your brother and making me look good." this is what i live for. making the people i love feel proud of me. my main goal in life is to please the people that care about me the most and i felt like right now i was doing that. when i took deja to the concert i had never seen her that happy in my entire life. my mom literally jusy right now. my brother, he looks up to me so much and it felt amazing. i hadn't even told the boys yet and i couldn't wait to. things were going my way and i was finally stepping out of my comfort zone.

Snapchat
BIG 3 🖤
me: guess who got accepted into steward academy's first summer session
mattia 🐉: no way dude
mattia 🐉: holy shit congrats
kairi 🎏: congrats big bro much love
me: thank you sm 
me: i couldn't do it without you
mattia 🐉: we're fr so proud of you
kairi 🎏: ^^!!
me: come over and celebrate?
mattia 🐉: hell yea
kairi 🎏: don't have to tell me twice
mattia 🐉: be over in like an hour
me: bet

thank you for 200+ votes, 4k reads, and for everyone adding this book to your reading lists!! it means a lot <3