✰ chapter 21 ✰

songs for pt 1 of this chapter- barbie tingz by nicki minaj, best thing i never had by beyoncé, and no tears left to cry by ariana grande

pt 1

deja's pov

deja's pov

i felt so good about myself getting ready for formal. i couldn't wait to put my dress on and just have a good time tonight. me and the girls all decided to coordinate our outfits but still do our own thing at the same time. it's about to be so fire. i don't usually do much makeup because i just wasn't really good at it. i just on foundation, highlight, popped on some lashes, and put lipgloss on. simple, but effective. i would probably get sweaty anyways so putting on too much makeup wouldn't have been the best idea at all. my school definitely takes these things seriously and we all end up getting a little out of hand. once we get hyped up it's very hard to bring everyone back down. usually there's a really good couple of afterparties too but alejandro always gets weird about parties. that's one of the only things he's super protective over. because of all the 'horrible things that could happen blah blah blah.' i just wanted to have fun without him having something to say about my 'safety' for once. it's not like i'll cheat on him. i mean not with anyone other than mattia. oh my god i sound awful. but i couldn't be worrying about things like that tonight i'm going to be a bad b!tch with my fine ass boyfriend and gorgeous ass friends and not even think about mattia. fck him dude i don't need him. i decided to put on my dress to really get the full effect of the look.

wow

wow. i saw myself in the mirror and i didn't even feel like myself. i don't care if i'm 'dOiNg ToO mUcH' i felt so good about this dress and i couldn't wait for everyone to see it. i sent a quick picture to alejandro to see what he thought.

Snapchat
alejandro rosario 💍💙 took a screenshot!
from alejandro rosario 💍💙

alejandro may not know how to party but that right there is still one of the best feelings in the world.

songs of part 2 of the chapter- run the world (girls) by beyoncé and born this way by lady gaga

pt 2

alivia's pov

alivia's pov

i felt absolutely amazing in my dress. ever since i came out to mattia i've had so much confidence in myself. even though it was only one person the point he made about baby steps was definitely true. with the confidence i've had and all the support from him i'm definitely on the road to coming out to deja and ella soon. sh!t, i might even do it tonight if i get drunk enough at an after party. i haven't felt like this in a long time and i was so glad to finally not be the uptight girl everyone thought i was. this was about to be the first formal i didn't just chill by the wall and talk to my friends whenever they got too tired to dance. tonight was going to be the night i could finally be myself. it might be a shock to some people but coming out had really been a turning point for me. i always thought when people told their coming out stories they were being dramatic about feeling 'free' but it's truly the best way to describe it. i never even realized that my whole attitude with people was based off my own insecurity and biggest secret. feeling loose and happy with yourself and own sexuality is a feeling everyone deserves to feel and i'm so glad i finally could. no, i wasn't ready for the whole world to know i was gay but one person was good enough for now. soon, it might even be three. it sounds tiny but again like mattia said, baby steps count too.

songs for pt 3- boo'd up by ella mai and kyrie by sheck wes (get it? like kairi lol)

ella's pov

oh god was this so far out of my comfort zone. i couldn't stop looking at myself and picking and prodding at my body. what if kairi didn't like it? i never wear anything like this i usually opt for anything that covers every part that was on display right now. i already know deja's going to come and outdo everyone so i just tried to not to think about it. my hair was straightened and my makeup looked good so that's good at least. hopefully people will just keep their eyes up and ignore the fact that i looked completely different than i ever do.

i set my phone up and facetimed kairi. he picked up and before i could even say hi he cut me off. his eyes got huge, "ella oh. my. god." he smiled, "you look fcking incredible. like absolutely stunning oh my god this is a dream. i'm dreaming. literally i need to wake up." i smiled and said thank you. this is why i'm so happy with kai. he hypes me like this but on top of that we can just chill out and have a good time.

he got serious all of a sudden. "wait i have an actual important question." i told him to continue skeptically. "umm are you wearing heels because i don't wanna look any shorter than i already do..."  i laughed and shook my head. "i'll wear flats just for you. my shoes don't usually stay on for long anyways because i go hard at these things." he smiled, "perfect." i heard a small honk outside my window which meant alivia and deja were here to pick me up. i blew kairi a quick kiss goodbye and headed out the door.

i climbed into the passengers seat and basically yelled hi to them over the sound of beyoncé saying "who run the world?" followed by liv and deja practically screaming "GIRLS!!" in response as if queen bey herself was listening. they turned it down after the song ended. deja smiled at me and liv, "the jersey girls are looking extra fine this evening aren't we." we all nodded in return and alivia pulled out of the driveway and headed towards the school.

pre formal, formal, and after formal might take a couple chapters and will definitely get a littleeeee crazy hehe. comment n vote plz :)