✰ chapter 7 ✰

song of the chapter- gravity by john mayer

deja's pov

i woke up the next morning for school feeling a little better. i finally was going to stop this thing with mattia, and for real and for awhile this time. i was going to make today a really good day. it was the last day before christmas break, my sister mariana is coming home from college, and i get to see my whole family for the holidays. i got out of bed and went over to my closet. i wanted to try something different today so i put on black overalls that i hadn't worn yet. i went to the bathroom, brushed my hair, brushed my teeth, all that. walked back to my room did my makeup quickly and took a cute picture of my outfit. i was feeling much better at this point. my phone buzzed as i was getting more of my stuff together and i already knew it was alivia. she was my ride to school everyday and always texts me when she's about 5 minutes away. alivia was definitely going places in life. she's so put together, so smart, and someone i'm so so proud to call my best friend. i said bye to my mom and then headed out the door when i heard liv pull into the drive away. she smiled at me as i got into the passenger seat of her car, "someone actually looks happy for the first time this whole week!! actually scratch that, this whole month." i laughed, "it's the day before break liv andddd i'm just in a great mood. i can't be miserable when it's christmas." she nodded. i'm glad she noticed i was happy that's what i needed. i wanted to make noticeable changes and this was a step.

when we got to school i walked to my locker and saw alejandro waiting there for me like he always was. alivia went to find ella and her other friends and left us alone, this was an everyday thing since me and ale started dating. he gave me a big hug. i was so happy to see him and gave him the tightest hug. he giggled a little bit, "happy to see you too baby but you seem a little too excited." he was right, i was excited because after making my decision it finally felt right being with him. "just always happy to see you alejandro." i looked up and gave him a little peck on the lips. i absolutely hate pda so he'll definitely know something was up but i really didn't care. nothing could ruin my day. i don't have first period with mattia today, my big sister's coming home, my family's coming here from miami, alejandro is spending christmas eve (noche buena) with us and today just seemed perfect. alejandro walked me to my first period, gave me a kiss on the cheek and left. my day was so good i forgot how much i hated algebra II. ugh, i've always hated math since i was little. i don't even know how i'm going to pass my final or the class in general but that wasn't my top priority right now.

the day went slow of course because it was the day before break everybody knows how that goes, but it was finally the end of the day and i started walking out to alivia's parking spot. i waited by her car for awhile until i heard it open. i stepped inside and got in the passenger seat. she opened the driver's side door and flashed me a smile, "hey baby. you seem like you had a good day." she was right. i nodded, "i'm so excited to go home and see mar, spend time with my family, and finally just have a break from school." alivia nodded. every one pretty much felt the same right now, relieved that school was over for awhile and ready to go home. liv plugged in her phone and shuffled a playlist, gravity by john mayer came on. she turned it up, "a classic." she knows how much his music makes happy and calms me down. we drove home pretty much in silence besides the music. it'd been a long day and both of us were so ready to go home. she dropped me off i said thank you and told her i loved her and practically ran to door to go see my sister. i knocked and she answered almost instantly. we gave each other the biggest hug in the doorway. i was at a loss for words because i had missed her so much. we both pulled away from the hug and looked at eachother happy tears streaming down each of our faces. she finally spoke, "deja i missed you so fcking much i've never been more happy to see someone." that made me cry even harder. "mar i missed you even more i promise you that." i hugged her again. "mar oh my god not to be that person but i gotta take a picture." she laughed, "glad to see you haven't changed a bit deja noelle."

Snapchat

(yael bernal as mariana alvarez)

mariana's finally home!! things are finally going right for deja!!! let's see how long this lasts teehee...