Chapter One

CHAPTER ONE

Author's Note: Hi, everyone! Happy New Year! I was planning to post this on New Year's Day, but I had a family emergency that has taken up absolutely all of my time and thoughts.

Just a quick note, constructive criticism is appreciated, but please no mean or rude comments (they will be deleted). Sorry for any typos or misspellings, I try my hardest to fix them when I see them. This is my first Chicago PD story, so please let me know what you all think. I have written a couple of stories for Brett and Casey; my favorite couple on Chicago Fire, but none for my PD couple, Hailey and Jay.

*My police jargon is limited, so please just work with me.

*Not sure if this will be a one-shot or not. I'm just gonna see how I feel with it and try to gauge everyone's reactions. If I do continue this, it will definitely be a SLOW-BURN.

Thank you for reading, please enjoy!

Copyright: I do not own or claim to own Chicago PD or any of its characters.

It was a very quiet night at the twenty-first police district in Chicago. All of the intelligence unit was currently camped out at their desks finishing the mountain of paperwork Voight requested be done by Monday.

"Hey, Hails can I borrow another black pen?" Asked Ruzek as he got up out of his chair and walked over to stand at the side of Halley's desk.

Hailey looked up and smiled as she reached in her desk drawer and pulled out another pen, "Make sure I get this one back, will ya."

Everyone in the room laughed at Ruzek who saluted Upton before he returned to his desk, sat back down, and prepared to finish his mountain of paperwork that seemed to be taller upon his return to his seat.

Kim looked over at Adam and smiled. She was so excited for their date tonight. Although Adam had been very secretive with what he had planned, Kim knew he was planning to take her to Corey's for dinner.

"Hey, does anyone know if Kelly from Fifty-One can get me discounted Bears tickets?" Asked Rojas.

Everyone except Hailey paused from their work and started to engage in the conversation about Kelly Severide and discounted Chicago Bears Tickets. All Hailey could think about was the eight kids she and Jay pulled out of a small hidden compartment.

Their last case started out like any simple drug bust case, that is until Hailey discovered that the druglord running everything was using kids to get his product from his suppliers. It was hard to bust the guy when none of the kids would speak to anyone. But Hailey did it. She finally got one of the kids to break and tell them everything that was going on with 'Big Bobby' and the kids he used.

"What do you think, Hailey?" Asked Rojas who startled Hailey from her thoughts.

"What did you say? I'm sorry, I wasn't really paying attention."

Jay looked at Hailey with worried eyes before he answered, "We were just talking about going to the game this weekend if Kelly can get us all tickets, you in?"

"Umm...I think I'll pass on this one."

"You sure?" Asked Jay as he tried to calm the alarm bells going off in his head that knew Hailey would never miss a chance to go cheer on the Bears.

Hailey nodded before she grabbed her pen and stared at the folder in front of her, "Yeah, I think I'm just gonna try and relax this weekend."

Everyone nodded and agreed that they could all use that before they went back to their work.