vier

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

CHAPTER 4

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Shivering from the unknown chill that scurried down his back, Jisung entered the grand ballroom. Deep red silks decorated the large windows, and twisted along the white banisters of the grand stairs. An extravagant chandelier filled with what seemed like hundreds of candles sat as the main focal point.

Looking at the opulent velvet chair of the king, Jisung quickly looked away as his father made eye contact with him.

Taking a deep breath, he scanned the ballroom for his friends. But before he could find anyone, he felt arms connect to his.

"Took you long enough!" Recognizing Jeongin's voice, the tension in the young prince's shoulder releases. "Did you tell Hyunjin why you were looking for him?"

"Curiosity killed the fox, you know" Jisung teased him, before feeling the king's eyes on him once again. His smile fell.

Noticing what had so suddenly changed Jisung's mood, Jeongin glanced at the king before looking back at his friend.

"Yikes, why is it so tense between you and your father?" He tugged at his white collar "Tensions thick enough to cut with a knife."

Grabbing hold of Jeongin's hand, the king to be stumbled past the guests as they danced, towards the king. "Because I don't want to be king. I don't want to run a nation, and I most definitely don't want some bullshit marriage with someone I dont even know, nor love."

Reaching the stairs bottom, he let go of the younger's wrist before beginning to climb the step. "If I'll be king, I'll do it my own way"

Sighing as he watched his friend climb up the stairs to face his father, Jeongin turned back around only to collide with a firm chest. Quickly looking up, he began to apologize before getting lost in the mysterious eyes and blood red mask of the unknown man.

"May I have this dance?" His voice a deep alluring tone, Jeongin could feel his hand raise up to grab onto the white clad shoulder. "S-sure"

He was quickly spun around, dancing with grace he didn't know he possessed around the dance floor.

"I go by the name of Chan" 

"Chan..."

"I'll do as I please!" He argued in a hushed tone.

"Clearly I haven't thought this properly though. You're about to become king, why must you continue to be so childish?" The king sighed as he rubbed the bridge of his nose.

King Han Younghyun was a powerful man. Feared in other nations for his ruling during the great war, he was a merciful king, and greatly beloved within the kingdom of Levanter.

"At least let me have this" Jisung spoke in a softer tone. "It is my night, no?" He did his best to convince Younghyun.

Traditionally in the Levanter kingdom, the king would choose who will receive the final dance with the prince. Typically this individual would then be betrothed to the new king.

Another deep sigh leaves the king, before he looked into his sons eyes. "Why would we stray from tradition? It is how I married your mother."

Flinching at the mention of his mother, Jisung quickly collected himself as he spoke again. "It will be the new era and reign upon my take of the crown, and therefore I shall change this tradition."

Slowly clapping at the prince's bold words, the king smiled softly. "The demand a king needs to possess" He mused "Very well, do as you please. Tonight, is your night"

Satisfied, Jisung smirked before descending back down the stairs. A pale hand is offered to him, along with a muse of black hair as the person in question head is bowed.

"May I be so blessed to receive thy dance?" Honey-coated words graced Jisung's ears, and with a quick glance at his father, he accepted.

A sly smirk accompanied by cat-like eyes greet him as the figure rises from his bow. Grabbing hold of the prince's hands, he began a slow waltz.

"Dear prince Jisung, your eyes shine so bright in the light of the candles." The unnamed man continued to compliment him, the latter growing more and more flushed.

"What a gift to be able to receive a dance from you" He spun him before pulling him closer.

"W-what is your name?" The prince managed to stutter out.

"My name is Minho"

Laying his head upon the the taller's chest, Jeongin lightly flinched as something cold touched his cheek.

"My apologies Prince" The still unknown man spoke, before spinning the red head into a dip.

Unfocused eyes glanced at the white blazer, curious as to what had touched his cheek.

A beautiful golden pin.

"A... golden pin?"

The thick fog that had blanketed Jeongin's mind gradually faded as his mystified state left.

The golden pin was the one that belong to the royal family of Jungle City.

The same golden pin that had been on Jeongin's missing beret

Feeling his heartbeat strum through his body, he grow more cautious as he took in the taller man's appearance more.

He wore a pure white suit, accompanied by a deep red mask and simple, but elegant dress shoes. But what he now noticed was the 'mysterious' eyes he had seen before were now a bloody red shade.

Gasping, his eyes grew wider. He had to warn Jisung.

Seeming to sense his sudden realization, Jeongin was spun away from the prince's dancing figure, and dipped.

"So sorry prince Jeongin, but we can't have you meddling in things"

"J-just who are you?" The redhead began to feel the ice cold of the other's hand seep into his.

The golden pin glittered in the candlelight.

"Minho...? "

"That's right, angel"

Despite the hypnotic dance Jisung had been drawn into, he managed to glance around. He had noticed Jeongin had found a dance partner, and Felix stood near the drinks table. After a bit more searching, he had found Seungmin standing near the back of the ballroom speaking with Hyunjin.

Noticing the growing full moon in the grand windows, he looked back at Minho.

"I do apologize... but the full moon has arrived. It is time for my coronation." Letting his hands fall slack, Jisung began to let go before he was pulled in tightly by Minho. The arm that had been gently placed on his hips were now like iron.

"I'm afraid that won't be happening"

The gentle sounds of the piano halt, and instead a harsh note resounds throughout the ballroom.

With bewildered eyes, Jisung looks at Minho. Looks into his deep, red eyes.

The candles upon the chandelier blow out, plunging the ballroom into utter darkness. Yet, Jisung could still make out those red, cat-like eyes.

"Seems like your night is over"

To be continued . . . 

A/N: I wrote this in my free class instead of studying.... exams are in 2 days oOPs.
Please enjoy it however! I love writing for astrocrats :D

-suhyeon