sieben

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

CHAPTER 7

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"JISUNG!" A booming voice yelled out. Eyebrows irked, Minho slowly removed his fangs from the prince's pale neck before looking up at whoever had called. The blood gradually began to stain the prince of Levanter's snow-white clothing.

The king stood tall in the now deserted ballroom, a grand blade held in his hands. Holding the younger's limp body closer to him, the vampire simply scoffed. "Oh boo, you're too late old man. Look around you" He gestured at the destroyed ballroom; smashed glass and overthrown chairs. "Your people seemed to have abandoned you."

"Son of a bitch." The older cursed. "Unhand my son!" He charged, swinging his blade high, the tip of the metal catching the light of the moon. Faster than the human eye could keep up with, the vampire lifted the prince into a bridal hold, before professionally dodging the swings.

The light tapping of the rainfall that had begun outside matched the sound of Jisung's blood slowly dribbling out onto the floor. The king breathed harshly, pushing his tiring body to stand once more. 

"For Jisung..."

Despite his colder expressions and disagreements with his son, Younghyun cared for the younger a lot.  The young princes bambi eyes, wide smile, and loving heart reminded him of Jisung's late mother. And for that reason, he stood up once more.

He ran again, faking a swing to the left before violently bringing his sword down to the right. The vampire's red eyes grew wide as he fell for the fake. He side-stepped as quickly as he could, swinging the younger's body out of the sword way, before he braced for the cut.

A harsh intake of breath, blood droplets flying airborne, and the defining sound of skin and clothing being ripped reverberated the room.

Peeking up through his sweaty bangs, the king's jaw dropped.

"Hyunjin!?" He exclaimed, dropping his sword in shock. There standing in front Minho and the unconscious prince was Hyunjin, his arms raised up in defense. His white robes had been cut, and fresh blood leaked out of his wounds.

"But I- Wha.." Younghyun stumbled over his words as he tried to process everything. "That vampire has Jisung! Why are you protecting him? You gave an oath goddamn it!"

The servant remained silent as he slowly raised his eyes from where they were hidden behind his arms. Dark crimson eyes meets the king's, and he lets out a gasp.

"You're a vam--" Younghyun's eyes rolled to the back of his head as he slumped to the floor. Arms still slightly raised, Changbin looked down at the man he had knocked unconscious. Blood stained his pristine suit, and his pale complexion was freckled with blood.

"Well, this could have definitely gone better" Chan's smooth voice surfaces as he walked up to the group, the young prince of Jungle City cradled in his arms.

"Thanks Hyunjin" Minho said softly to him as he walked up to the younger and the unconscious king. "The end result is what matters now, Chan" He looked at the blonde before readjusting the princes limp body.

"Let's go" Hyunjin says sharply, not sparing a glance at the ruler of Levanter before walking up to where he had left Seungmin's motionless body leaned against the damaged white walls.

Felix's body had also been leaned up beside Seungmin, so Changbin followed the taller.

Securing the unconscious princes, the vampires peered into the destroyed ballroom and the crumpled body of the king before leaping out of the grand windows and into the rainfall, towards the enchanted forest.

To be continued...

A/N: Sorry for such a slow update! However I will do my best to try to update quicker! Everyone, please stay safe in times like these and safely self-isolate! I hope you enjoy 'astrocrats' !

-suhyeon