achtzehn

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

CHAPTER 18

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Where were his friends?

Why had his father abandoned him?

Why was there another Jisung?

Why did his mother have to leave him?

Red. Blood.

Red. Blood.

Red. Blood.

"I love you, Minho."

Jisung opened his eyes. 

He could feel his body tremble, still pinned against the elder tree within the now darken fields of Levanter. Those familiar pale hands held his wrists in a firm, yet gentle grasp. 

"What's going on?" He somehow finds his voice. It is a bit scratchy, as though he hasn't used it in a long while. 

"It appears as though you're within my memories." Minho says in a soft tone, his eyes slowly leaving Jisung's pallor face, instead shifting to gaze upon the lavender pastures. 

"H-how is that even possible?" The prince continued his thoughts aloud. He felt that even if he didn't speak it allowed, Minho would have heard him all them same. He was caught off guard when a low chuckle tumbles out of the vampire's mouth. "See? You are a powerful mage, just like I told you you were."

Slowly, as though with a hint of reluctance, the older released his hold upon the younger's wrist, stepping back slightly. No more words are exchanged for a while, only the sound of the strong East wind rang in their ears. But despite their lack of words, their eyes expressed all that they wished to say.

The golden light which illuminated in the castle's tower vanished, which drew Jisung's attention. Without taking his eyes off of the tall cobblestone walls, he questions. "What's going to happen now?"

Minho followed his line of sight, a shallow sigh escapes him. He reaches out once more, a slim hand grabbing onto a loose strand of dark brown hair before tucking it behind the prince's ear. The touch beckons his attention, as he once again finds himself glazing into those deep pools of vermillion.

The silent words are exchanged.

From his ear, the immortal's hand slid further, taking hold of the back of the shorter's head. They slowly begin to lean in closer, pausing for only a moment, before their lips sealed together. 

The kiss was gentle on the surface, yet internally Jisung was drowning within the storm that spawned in his stomach. Electricity ran through him, and he felt his lips droop into a frown as Minho pulled away from him. 

Ignoring the ringing which had begun is his ear, Jisung tried to speak, yet no sound escaped him.  His lips buzzed, his heart thump, his cheeks flushed, giving him the proof that that kiss was real. That Minho was real. 

Yet as the ringing began to become unbearable, and the deep night of the Levanter fields began to frost over, Jisung was frozen in place. Even as with shaking eyes he watched Minho slowly begin to fade into the light that was flooding his vision, he still desperately tried to cry out to him.