Chapter 16

The Next Day.

8:00am

Bella

I've been awake for about two hours, just sitting here in my bed. My eyes have big dark bags underneath them since I didn't get much sleep last night. I spent most of the night crying. I knew I had to get out of bed eventually so I went ahead and got up, walking over the door next to my vanity and into a beautiful, elegant bathroom. 

I took off my clothes from yesterday, setting them in the hamper next to the shower. After turning the water on warm and lifting the faucet up so it went from bath to shower. I gave the water a second to warm up before stepping in and finally cleaning myself off. 

I don't know when the last time was that I was able to fully clean myself. I was actually able to wash my body and hair vs just rinsing some of the dirt and dried blood off my body. I stood under the warm water for a long time, just letting it hit my face and drip down my body. It felt so good. My muscles relaxed and the aching in my bones slowly grew less and less. 

I washed my hair with this lovely kiwi scented shampoo and conditioner and washed my body with a vanilla scented soap. I was smelling mighty good. I chuckled to myself. 

I turned the water off, pulled the curtain back, and leaned over to grab my towel. I first put my hair up with my smaller hair towel then wrapped my body with my body towel. I walked over to the sink, grabbed my tooth brush and began brushing my teeth. 

Once I was done in the bathroom I came back out and dug through my dresser. There were some really cute clothes in here. I finally decided what I was going to wear and I was really excited to see how it looked on me. 

I selected a really cute grey baggy long-sleeve shirt that had a black heart in the middle, some black skinny jeans, a nice pair of grey sneakers and a really cute white beanie

The outfit I ripped yesterday when I shifted was really cute but also so not for this time of year. I was freezing and honestly thankful Dexia was taking over because I warmed up quickly being in my wolf form. I just hope this one suits the weather cause if not, my booty's staying inside, wrapped in my cozy blanket. 

I took one last glance in the mirror and repeated my mantra. 

You are beautiful. You are smart. You are kind. You are important.

I took a deep breath then turned and headed for the door. As soon as I opened the door, two big goons fell flat on their faces, at my feet. 

"What the hell!?" I shouted, scared half to death. 

I look down and see Hendrix and Chicago groaning, attempting to get back on their feet. 

"What is wrong with you two? Why were you eavesdropping on me!?" I demanded to know.

As they got back up, their faces quickly grew red with embarrassment and looked anywhere but into my eyes. 

"Boys?" I said much softer. Their eyes finally darted back to me and they both sighed heavily. 

"We...Well we...We just wanted to, uh, make sure you were alright..." Hendrix stumbled with his words. 

"And by alright he means that you're still here. Sin's been freaking out, thinking you might climb out of the window and leave him." Chicago revealed the truth and Hendrix elbowed him in his side. 

"Ow! What the fuck was that for!?" He yelled.

"You weren't supposed to tell her that, you idiot!" He spat. 

"That doesn't mean you can elbow me!" Chicago defended himself and slapped Hendrix upside his head. 

"Ow! You little-" Just before Hendrix could lay retaliate against Chicago, I quickly squeezed myself between the two and placed each of my hands on their chests. 

"Hold up. Before you two try to murder each other, how about we go fill y'alls tummy with some nice breakfast, aye? You're not you when you're hungry." I laugh at my own joke causing both of the boys to chuckle and surrender. 

All three of us walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. As we walk in we're greeted by Lana, Chicago's mate. 

"Hey," She says to me. "I don't think we've officially met yet, I'm Lana. Chicago's mate." She said sticking her hand out.

I shook her hand and replied, "Hi. I'm Bella. I'm..Sin's mate." I'm still getting used to the whole being an Alpha's mate thing and just having a mate in general. Once I mentioned him though, I felt a sinking ache in my chest. I really wanted to see him. 

I wonder where he is. I thought to myself. 

"So about that breakfast, Bella." Chicago said, earning a slap from Lana.

"We are not about to force this poor girl into being our damn mother. You know how to cook, go make something yourself." Hendrix and I let out a small laugh and Chicago just glared at us. 

*Trigger Warning*

"I actually don't mind at all, I've always had to cook for my Father and Brothers. So I'm used to it." Once again, I was overcome with emotion. Thinking about my family again brought tears to my eyes. Thinking about all the pain and suffering I had to endure while being with them caused me so much hurt. Flashbacks of all the beatings I received in my 18 years of life flooded my mind. Every negative word they've ever spoken to me flashed before my eyes. Before I knew it, I was hyperventilating and balling my eyes out. 

I fell back against one of the counters and was surrounded by the three. Hendrix and Chicago placed each of my arms around their shoulders and walked me back up the stairs into my room with Lana following behind and placed me in my bed. Chicago and Lana stayed in the room with me on my bed, Lana holding me in her lap, stroking my hair trying to calm me down while Hendrix ran out, I have no idea where to but I couldn't focus on him in this moment. 

I just kept seeing my Father punch me, kick me, spit on me then it switched to my brothers and how they each took turns laying their most brutal force on me. My body was violently shaking and I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore, the tears were impairing my vision heavily. 

All of a sudden I felt electric shocks running through my body. My eyes shot open and I realized Chicago and Lana were gone and behind me was Sin. He held his arms around me tightly and laid his head on top of mine. 

"Ssshh, it's okay, Bella. I'm here. It's okay. Just let it all out, okay?" And I did just that. I cried and cried, soon turning into his chest and my tears seeped into his shirt, soaking it. 

"I-I..I-I'm s-so s-s-sorry, S-Sin." I choked out. 

"Shhh, stop it. Don't apologize, Bella. Just let it out, okay? Don't hold it in. Just let me be here for you, Baby." I didn't have enough strength to fight him. I was so exhausted and still slightly panicking but having Sin here, feeling his warmth and hearing his soft voice, made me feel a lot better. 

I don't know when but at some point everything went dark and I fell into a deep sleep.