Chapter Thirty-Nine: Not Now

I stayed with Jack the night before the tour kicked off again. I had to bring all my shit over to Jack's and leave it by the door. Jack's place was oddly really clean. I was shocked I figured it would be covered with alcohol. Which, I mean it was but it was all in bottles and like sealed shut or opened and recapped. Jack had a loft where most of his alcohol was at. He took me through the rather 'tiny' apartment. I mean it wasn't exactly as big as my apartment but it wasn't small neither.

"Welcome to my place," Jack said and then threw his arms around me.

"Thanks. It's-"

"I know it needs a little work but I mean bachelor pad," he said pointing a finger at me as I nodded.

Jack definitely had that downright. There as a few rooms that had doors and I pointed my finger at different doors. The apartment was an open floor plan but it was rather small. I mean I was renting a small house. I looked at Jack as he looked at me and sighed.

"You don't like it?"

"I didn't say I didn't like it. It's just tiny. It is a little small but I have to remember that what works for me is different than what works for you."

"You have other people to worry about appealing to than me."

"Also I mean I figured it would be bigger because Alex told me he helped you pick this place. You have seen Alex and Lisa's place it's freaking massive," I made a grand gesture making Jack laugh at me.

Jack pulled on his earlobe before walking over to me and kissing me. I stood on my tiptoes to kiss him as he began to make small noises. He backed us up against a pillar in the apartment as I pulled at his shirt with my one good arm. I looked at him shaking his head as he groaned looking at his crotch.

"Come on!" Jack groaned while I chuckled running into a spare room.

I ran into what I guess would be a study or office. It had a few guitars in the room and a desk. On the desk, there was a letter that my eyes casually found. It was the letter I wrote to Jack. He had underlined and circled. I picked up the letter and looked at all the dots Jack was trying to connect. There were no dots to connect. I just wrote how I felt and I was a little upset Jack didn't take it at face value while he found me attacking me in kisses causing me to shriek and drop the letter.

The night passed all too quickly into the morning. I found out Jack was a complete and total morning person which I was not. I yawned as Jack leaned over me to kiss me a few more times. I had pulled a pillow over my face while Jack began to tug it away. I whined like a little kid until Zack Merrick came in and picked me up. He threw me over his shoulder while some crew members loaded our stuff.

"Merrick you're hurting my shoulder please for the love of God," I said and put my hand to my shoulder rubbing it as Zack dropped me onto the floor upright.

"Sorry, Logan. We gotta get a move on. You are okay though right?" Zack said and began to look at my shoulder.

"Yeah I got some painkillers I'll be fine. Thanks, Z," I waved him off as Ryleigh walked over to me in the back lounge.

Ryleigh and I cuddled in the back for a while. The boys got themselves reacquainted with one another and set up their bunks. Ryleigh had gotten the bunk below Zack which I found hilarious until I found out I got the top bunk. I was literally the shortest person on this tour and I get the top bunk. I wasn't even near my boyfriend either. I had contemplated moving onto my dad's bus but just thinking about that disaster made me not want. The more I looked at the top bunk I finally found my excuse for switching with Alex.

"Hey, Lex?" I called out rather loudly standing in front of the bunk.

"Yeah?" Alex answered back before shimming his way through the bodies of crew members.