Chapter Seventeen: Only to me

"Hey, Alex have you seen Logan?" Rian asked his slightly drunk bandmate.

"Right before midnight. Why?" Alex looked at him a little confused.

"Okay, well I told her I'd take her back to the hotel after the whole midnight kiss stuff. I can't find her though. Brendon has been calling her and nothing," Rian said a little out of breath to his bandmate.

"Have you checked outside she was staring out at the sky earlier," Alex made the suggestion as Rian nodded.

"Yeah, Zack and Ryleigh are looking for her together. Ryleigh said knowing Logan she went somewhere and her phone died," Rian finally pulled a chair out and sat with Lisa and Alex.

"She'll turn up for bus call you know that. She is never late," Alex said and took another sip of his beer.

"It is also Logan we are talking about," Lisa pointed out and looked at both of them.

"Remember the first time you heard anything about her she was running away often to escape something. She still runs but she comes back. She probably just needed some air or something?" Lisa pointed out and suggested.

Rian's girlfriend came over to him wrapping an arm around his shoulder and rubbed his chest. No matter how much Rian wanted to, tonight would not be the night and even he knew that. Alex and Lisa were holding hands a simple gesture they both seemed to like and respect. Alex looked around the room as Brendon came over practically dragging Sarah with him. Brendon who had been drinking heavily was now almost completely sober. Jack was still bouncing around too drunk to function at this point anymore. Zack Merrick and Ryleigh had not returned yet and were outside looking for the short redhead girl.

"Does anyone have any ideas where she is? When was the last time anyone saw her?" Brendon asked and Alex suddenly felt uncomfortable.

"I saw her a minute before midnight," Alex spoke and suddenly began to really feel guilty.

"Where was she?"

"She was by the window, just standing there watching the confetti and stars. She told me she was going to go to the bathroom and talk to Beckett about being her midnight kiss." Alex recalled the conversation the pair had right before midnight.

"Yeah, we were talking to her and just letting her know how proud we were of her. She had really broken out of bad habits and it seemed like everything was finally settled down," Lisa spoke up and gave Alex's hand a light squeeze which he squeezed back.

"We didn't find her. None of the venue staff saw her leave," Zack Merrick said rushing in toward the group at the table.

"I know Logan and she wouldn't just run away. Yeah she has before but like something has to happen she just doesn't up and disappear. I have known her-"

"You knew her as a child and then again you missed out on important moments," Zack Hall said and looked at Ryleigh.

"At least I don't tell her she is a burden." Ryleigh murmured.

"Wait if she talked to Beckett maybe he has an idea of where she is!" The epiphany came to Rian.

Brendon quickly pulled out his phone and rang the familiar voice. Brendon began to pace back and forth on the dance floor that was beginning to clear out. Everyone was watching Brendon carefully. Sarah didn't know how to feel honestly when people asked her. Logan had always seemed distant to her. Even during therapy, they had as a family Logan never opened up about wanting a mother figure. Sarah felt this pain of being unwanted but knew she wasn't unwanted. Logan was just a tough cookie to crack at times. There were moments, though Logan would never admit it, that she needed Sarah. She needed her sometimes more than she needed Brendon, Alex, Rian, and even Ryleigh.