Chapter Sixteen: The Party Scene

It was now after Christmas. Everyone who had come to visit for the holidays had left. It was weird I was never one for parties. It was almost new years and Beckett was not going to be back. Mom was flying back out for that show. Alex and Lisa were going to an after-show party along with Rian and his girlfriend. Zack and Ryleigh were probably going to an expensive dinner or some shit like that. Also, the rest of the band was just going to party. Jack had invited to let me go part with them as everyone was pretty much going to some new years eve party.

"No, I am not going," I stated and put my feet up on the sofa arm.

"Come on! LB you gotta come with us! Even Ryleigh is going!" Jack whined to me in a dressing room.

"No I am not part of the party scene," I said and Jack chuckled.

"Nice use of one of our songs," Jack kept laughing.

I glared at him and pointed to the door.

"Leave my answer is still no."

"Fine bossy, we will all go out and have a goodnight without you." He mouthed off as I shrugged.

I got up and went to the small box of clothes I had now. I started to rummage through, for show clothes. I had kept the shirt of Alex's that I had cut up and the shirt Rian had let me borrow. I also had stolen countless hoodies from just about everyone but Zack. I yawned and settled on a shirt and a pair of pants. We were now up the coast toward New York. Another reason I did not want to go out party for New Years'. I walked out of the dressing room and saw mom. I waved and looked at my phone. It was about 5 minutes before, soundcheck. The stage guys were finishing up so I felt like it would be safe to go and bounce around. I climbed up the steps and began to bounce around and sang a little song in my head. I heard some laughing from behind me and then someone starts to bang on the drums. Ryleigh had climbed up on the drum set and began to play with my sticks. I gave her a soft smile and a nod.

"You sing tonight and I play these bad boys," She said causing Rian and Dan to shake their heads.

"No, it's bad enough Logan has to share my drum set. Let alone Alex's guitars," Rian began and I looked at him and frowned.

"I mean we could just play recordings. I mean that is what Ryleigh is going to have to do soon anyway." I mumbled the last part.

"What do you mean?" Alex said from behind me making me jump.

"Uh, um," I had trouble finding the words.

"What do you mean LB?" Jack asked and slid across the stage in his socks.

"I got a phone call this morning," I smiled and thought about the phone call I had received.

The call only lasted a few short minutes. I had been removed off the waitlist. I could start as soon as I wanted but it had to be before the next semester started and the tour wouldn't be over until sometime in the middle of the year.

"I am no longer on the waitlist," I said not able to hold the smile on my face while Ryleigh looked at me with mixed emotions.

"Aye! That is great LB!" Jack said and shook my body excitedly.

"Congrats!" I heard from Rian, Dan, and Alex.

"That's great," Ryleigh said and looked at smiling but I knew she was scared.

I told the woman on the call my situation. I didn't want to leave but if I waited I would have to wait until the next semester and then there would be no promises I would make it off the waitlist again as quickly.

"So when do you ship out?" Dan asked and put some sticks in a holder for me, Rian and himself for the night.

"Um, that is the thing..." I looked up at the ceiling.