Chapter Nineteen: Go Back Again

As soon as the tube was pulled from my throat the light came back into my eyes. I was laying in a dark and really cold little chamber of sorts. I began to beat on the ceiling above me which was metal. I heard shoes squeak on what sounds like either tile or pavement. I began to dread my worst fears that I didn't die and this was a new hell that Gabriel had put me in. Gabriel was the name of the male who pulled me from the party. He wanted me to scream his name and stop whimpering while he assaulted me. It lasted for days upon days. He fed me a couple of pieces of toast with peanut butter. As soon as I began rejecting the food he decided to start beating me. Not just with his hands but with bats, baseballs, a golf club. I had free range of the house for the first week. I knew where to hide and that didn't make him happy. I didn't try to leave because I heard the crash of water against a ledge. I didn't know where I was but I knew I was going to die.

"Do you hear that?" Someone said and I didn't recognize the voice.

I kept beating my fist on the top and sides. I didn't have a voice from screaming all those days then having a tube down your throat isn't fun. I was told by the nurse when I arrived that Gabriel would be to get me. I needed to work quick to get out of her. I needed out of here.

"It's coming from 307." A young gentleman who looked like he could be a murder slid the table out that I was laying on.

As soon as he realized I was alive he began to freak out. He went to grab the phone on the wall and I grabbed a blade off the table and pointed it at him. I was still in two hospital gowns to cover my body completely. I had no means of communication though.

"Woah, Woah," The assistant came and put his hands up and kept walking toward me.

I pointed the sharp scalpel blade at him.

"Are-what the hell is going on?" He said and I noticed the gun on his hip.

He was probably a cop just like Gabriel. I looked at the male and held the scalpel in both hands now making my way toward the door. Neither of them chased after me as I made my way out into the real world.

I roamed the streets for a few days. I had met a nice young woman who took me in. She fed and gave me food. She asked me questions like how I got here, who I was. I couldn't give her any answers because as far as everyone was concerned Logan Blake Urie is dead. I just prayed that I could find any of the guys or Ryleigh. I knew they would probably be flying back to LA soon though. The woman who took me in let me stay for a few months before putting a newspaper in front of me. There was a photo of a young girl with long hair on the cover who was me.

"You are her, aren't you?" Cheryl asked and I still not talking nodded my head.

The tears pricked at the corners of my eyes. I put my hand on the paper shakily and touched my face. I looked so different then. The newspaper used a photo from the tour. It was a relatively current photo. If I hadn't cut my hair for safety reasons you would have never guessed that was me. Cheryl sat at the table across from me with a cup of coffee in her left hand.

"You know they probably miss you dearly. Did you run away?" She asked and I couldn't answer.

I couldn't let those thoughts invade my mind again. I fought back the tears and pushed my body away from the table. I was fighting the panic attack and thought of all those nights with Alex. I thought of Rian coming to get me. I thought of Kolbi and her calling me mommy. I couldn't take it I ran my fingers up to my hair lightly giving it a tug. I pulled my knees to my chest as Cheryl watched me unsure.

"I know your name is Logan and I only want to help you return back to them. I have some money saved up and we could fly out. I know it will probably be hard to get an appointment with them or see them but it's worth a shot." She spoke and got up going to her room pulling out a lockbox.